Daily Archives: August 9, 2011
“Tens, even hundreds, of thousands of Jewish people in the last decades have come to their Messiah. And so Lord, we pray for the revival around the world, and for Israel to come to their own Messiah.”
Apparently people of all religions were invited to Perry’s Rally… as long as they were willing to convert to his religion in the process.
Can’t we get religion out of politics (and government) once and for all?
- The NAR and Perry Go Large (barthsnotes.wordpress.com)
- Colbert Blames S&P For Ignoring ‘America’s Most Valued Asset, Jesus’ (Enter Rick Perry) (mediaite.com)
- Lawrence O’Donnell: Gov. Rick Perry ‘Is Married To The Idea’ That Catholicism Is ‘A False Cult System’ (mediaite.com)
- Rick Perry To Evangelicals: I’m One Of You (huffingtonpost.com)
It’s been said many times recently that the GOP is living in a parallel universe, with their own set of facts that have nothing to do with reality as the rest of us know and understand it.
Here is proof, in living color.
These photos were taken at Rick Perry’s Prayerpalooza on Saturday, where he called for seven hours of intense prayer and fasting.
Apparently, the good folks who were in attendance didn’t know that fasting means not eating anything.
Either that, or they have applied the Michele Bachmann Rule of Denial and believe, even as you can “pray away the gay,” you can eat nachos and still call that fasting.
- Top 5 most outrageous statements from Rick Perry’s prayer rally (secularnewsdaily.com)
- Texas Governor Rick Perry Changes the Rules (swampland.time.com)
- Responding to ‘The Response’: AU and allies offered successful alternative to Rick Perry prayer rally (secularnewsdaily.com)
- Al Jazeera Looks at Rick Perry’s Evangelical Prayer Rally: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Watch Gov. Rick Perry’s “The Response” Religious Event Live (mediaite.com)