Tar and Feather the Politicians…
Posted by btchakir
As we go through the weekend with both Democrats and Republicans more concerned with which side “wins” or “loses” than with the concerns and complaints of the general public, we rapidly approach the August 2nd Deadline.
So, perhaps they will give themselves a one week extension to figure out how to end this… perhaps even REALLY compromise on a solution. I tell you what would end this now… a consortium of the richest folks in America… called by a Warren Buffett or a Bill Gates perhaps… who INSIST on returning to the tax levels they were at under Bill Clinton (when they all made significant monetary advances anyway). Greed, however, is stronger than Good, so I don’t think anything like a voiced opinion by wealthy folks will ever happen.
We are also getting to the extremes… and that brings out people like Ralph Nader (the Spoiler) who is now pushing for a primary challenge to Obama to bring out progressives and liberals dissatisfied with the President’s concessions to the Right. And , of course, the unchangeable Tea-Party Congressfolk can still do plenty of damage before the 2012 elections… the first time Americans can repair the mess they made for themselves in 2010.
If there were a way to just keep the politicians, the corporations, the lobbyists and pigs like the Koch Brothers out of all this and have a national referendum on raising the debt ceiling and sharing the tax burden mor equitably… a referendum that would stand as law… we might see a different world. But that will never happen, either.
We are in a deep and slippery-sided pit and climbing out seems damn near impossible. If they cut my Social Security payment and I can’t afford to do this blog anymore, I’ll be heading to DC with my pup tent and sleeping bag, with signs and my megaphone, and I would ask everyone in the same situation to join me.
- Ralph Nader To Seek Obama Primary Challengers (alan.com)
- Warren Buffett Is Wrong on Taxes (taxprof.typepad.com)
- As June ends we see the economy getting worse… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Extra Oil: Starve Us or Kill Us (via SEVENTH SEAL LIBRARY) (thechristiangazette.wordpress.com)
- ‘Tar Party’ Victim Dumped Downtown (historysfirstdraft.org)
- FDI and Corporate Patriotism (businessinsider.com)
- One More Dirty, Corrupt Politician . (doesitallmatter2.wordpress.com)
- Explaining Warren Buffett’s $1.5 Billion Gift to Bill Gates (blogs.wsj.com)
- NJ: Huntsman energy speech ruffles GOP feathers (msnbc.msn.com)
- Rudy Giuliani Tells Republican Party to “Move On” from Gay Marriage (slog.thestranger.com)
- Another Civil WAR? Politicians are Delusional If They Think Seniors and. (socyberty.com)
About btchakirRetired Theatre Producer, Graphic Designer, Usability Tester and General Troubleshooter with a keen interest in Politics and The Stage. Currently heard on WSHC, 89.7 FM (on line at www.897wshc.org) and occasionally dabbling in Community Theatre.
Posted on July 30, 2011, in Announcement, blogs, budget, campaign, Congress, Corporations, crime, Economics, election, ethics, Finance, government, history, Job Seeking, Labor, Legal, Lies, News, Opinion, Politics, President Obama, primaries, Taxes, vote, Word from Bill and tagged Bill Clinton, Bill Gates, Democratic, Ralph Nader, Republican, Social Security, United States, Warren Buffett. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.