Congress pledges to work all weekend to solve Deficit Problem. I pledge to stop laughing as soon as I get off the floor.
We know for, what is now, a fact that the children in control of the House are going to pound their hands and feet on the floor to avoid compromise and the Democrats in the Senate, without seeing what the House may pass, has already vowed to vote against it.
John Boehner seems more concerned with shifting control of the Tea-Party loaded House back to his office… this, of course, he does by promoting Tea-Party principles… and Harry Reid and friends are working hrd to make sure Republicans are responsible for the Economic cesspool we are in.
President Obama seems to be staying on top of the fray… but that doesn’t mean anything is being accomplished. Then, there’s the possibility of the 14th Amendment brou-ha-ha to come into play… although Obama is indicating it won’t.
Rich and Greedy folks like the Koch Brothers are sitting on their money piles and holding off any attempts to get them to pay their fair share. Control freaks like Grover Norquist are waving signed copies of the no-tax pledges that have gotten Republicans to sign over their heads and yelling “small government” (as we continue to pursue our role as World Policeman at a cost of Billions of Bucks a day.)
And now they have indicated they will work the weekend in Congress to solve the problem… something they have not been able to do in their string of regular 3-day weeks (gee… they have to travel on Mondays and Fridays.).
I no longer wish to pay congressional salaries unless they actually come to a positive compromise. Nor do I think we should support their staffs. And if they don’t come up with this compromise.. and protect the lower and middle classes… in time for the August 2 collapse, they should be ejected from their offices as well. Let them sit out in the rain predicted for Saturday and figure out how they are going to justify their jobs.
- Boehner Debt Ceiling Bill Faces House Vote (huffingtonpost.com)
- Is the Obama White House too politicized? Plus, is tax pledge helping or hurting debt talks? (politico.com)
- Debt Plan Gimmicks Are Go! (reason.com)
- Dems pounce on Norquist tax comments (politico.com)
- Call To ACTION: No Super Congress! (my.firedoglake.com)
- Did Grover Norquist blink on tax cuts? (cbsnews.com)
- Grover Norquist: Did anti-tax activist blink on Bush tax cuts? – CBS News (news.google.com)
- This Is How The Debt Deal Might Happen (businessinsider.com)
- Reid debt ceiling plan comes up short (money.cnn.com)
- As the final deadline gets closer, the parties move further apart (independent.co.uk)
- Reid Pledges to Kill Boehner Bill (politicalwire.com)
- Debt-ceiling vote: Can John Boehner win it? What if he can’t? (slate.com)
- Boehner’s debt plan up for significant House vote (cnn.com)
Posted on July 28, 2011, in budget, Congress, Economics, editorial, election, Finance, government, history, Legal, Military, News, Opinion, Pentagon, Politics, President Obama, primaries, Taxes, vote, Word from Bill and tagged Barack Obama, Fridays, Greedy, Grover Norquist, Harry Reid, House, John Boehner, Republican. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Congress pledges to work all weekend to solve Deficit Problem. I pledge to stop laughing as soon as I get off the floor..