Daily Archives: July 15, 2011
Posted by btchakir
Republicans have signed so many pledges… not to raise taxes under any circumstance (like the government going totally out of business), not voting for any law that gives a woman control of her own body, making sure that marriage and family raising is as good for African-Americans as it was under slavery… you know the drift.
Well, I think it is time that Democratic candidates had pledges to sign. My first one would be a pledge to arrest Grover Norquist for impersonating an elected official when he tells real elected officials what they can and can’t do. I’m sure if we look into it further, we’ll find that he has messed with our country’s economy primarily for his own benefit. Oh, and in that pledge, let him never be eligible for Medicare or Social Security.
Then maybe we can take a look at a pledge to go after Eric Cantor. 😉
- Grover Norquist: The man who drew the GOP’s ‘line in the sand’ (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- ** Why do politicians sign Grover Norquist’s anti-tax pledges, why do they keep the pledge? (dakotatoday.typepad.com)
- Grover Norquist: The man who drew the GOP’s ‘line in the sand’ (cnn.com)
- Edmund Burke Against Grover Norquist (nybooks.com)
- Politicians’ pledges show interest groups’ sway (cnn.com)
- Up is Down (fdlaction.firedoglake.com)
- Know Thy Enemy: Grover Norquist (tenacitypress.wordpress.com)
- GOP candidates caught in slavery controversy (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Romney says won’t sign controversial marriage pledge (cnn.com)
- Family Leader marriage pledge falters (politico.com)
- Chris Matthews On Bachmann And Santorum’s Marriage Pledge: ‘We’re Heading Into Nut Country’ (mediaite.com)