Daily Archives: July 2, 2011
“There’s a lot of people out there that worry the American dream is in danger. So I was listening to the other candidates. They’re fine people. But I don’t think I’m hearing anything coming from them that’s going to help us seize this opportunity.”
McCotter has held his suburban Detroit district for almost a decade, and he says he jumping into the race because he is dissatisfied with the current crop of candidates, from Mitt Romney on down. His national recognition, however, is about zero.
McCotter, 45, is known for being a sharp-witted — and sometimes sharp-tongued — conservative policy wonk. As far his bona fides in that regard, he was ahead of the GOP curve in opposing the Wall Street bailout in 2008, calling it “American Socialism.”
- Congressman Thad McCotter to announce presidential bid July 2 | Politisite (imns.wordpress.com)
- Congressman Thad McCotter to announce presidential bid July 2 | Politisite (politicite.wordpress.com)
- Congressman Thad McCotter to announce presidential bid July 2 | Politisite (milliron.wordpress.com)
- Thad McCotter Behind Consternation and Confusion In Ames Straw Poll Auction (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Think Twice Before Considering Newt Gingrich As Our Nominee (thegabriellahoffman.com)
- Saturday Movie Matinee (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- McCotter Gets Rough On Romney (blogs.wsj.com)
Elly and I will be seeing the dress rehearsal of David Mamet’s Race at the Studi Theater at Shepherd. This will be the first of 5 plays that I am reviewing over the course of a week to get them on WSHC by Friday.
I’ll also be putting all of the reviews here and on my Facebook page.