Fight for the American Dream…
Posted by btchakir
If you haven’t heard Van Jones’ Rebuild The Dream, then you should.
That dream is the basic promise—if you are willing to work hard, you’ve got the opportunity for a job with dignity, one that can support a family, provide for a home, health care and a measure of retirement security and give your kids an education and a shot at a better life than you had. That very American dream of “liberty and justice for all” is the dream Dr. King fought to make available to all. And it is that dream – open to more and more Americans as the “great generation” built the first broad middle class in the history of the world – that is now being crushed.
So here is Van Jones, along with The Roots (great hip hop / rap), on Rebuilding The American Dream (I especially like the idea of a gambling tax on quick Wall Street investments – a fragment of a cent on lighting trades.)
Anyway, click below and go see this:
- Van Jones Joins Pushes ‘American Dream’ for MoveOn.org (usnews.com)
- Van Jones introduces the American Dream movement (dailykos.com)
- ACE – Freedom to Pursue the American Dream (alexcranberg.wordpress.com)
- “Amazing and inspiratio nal” …Justin Ruben, MoveOn.org Civic Action (ynative77.wordpress.com)
- Can Van Jones Galvanize us to Rebuild the American Dream? by Jill Dalton (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
About btchakirRetired Theatre Producer, Graphic Designer, Usability Tester and General Troubleshooter with a keen interest in Politics and The Stage. Currently heard on WSHC, 89.7 FM (on line at www.897wshc.org) and occasionally dabbling in Community Theatre.
Posted on June 30, 2011, in Word from Bill and tagged American Dream, Dream Sharing, dreams, Global Positioning System, Psychology, Social sciences, The Roots, United State, Van Jones. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.