Daily Archives: June 28, 2011
Keith Olbermann’s show brought up the relationship between the Debt Ceiling battle and the 14th Amendment.
Keith brought up and interviewed a couple of people on the 14th Amendment’s specific requirements of meeting all National debts on his program tonight… something that hasn’t been mentioned in any other budget discussions of late.
Section 4 of the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution (You know – that document that the Tea Party says everything has to be based on?) confirmed the legitimacy of all United States public debt legislated by the Congress.
In Perry v. United States (1935), the Supreme Court ruled that voiding a United States government bond (ie: a debt… like the National Debt…or like the cause of our current deficit) “went beyond the congressional power” on account of Section 4.
Republican economist Bruce Bartlett argues that Section 4 renders the debt ceiling unconstitutional, and obligates the President to consider the debt ceiling null and void. Gee… I guess that means that there are no required budget cuts to abide by Constitutional law.
Let’s see if Obama will use this instead of giving in to Republicans again.
Who says the elusive Bulger still has no influence in Boston?
U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz says prosecutors consider a later 1999 indictment charging Bulger with 19 murders the stronger case, since faces life in prison on those charges. Doesn’t he also face life if you add the other charges? Maybe several lives.
Why take a chance with a guy who already eluded them for 16 years?
- Whitey Bulger Mug Shot: Released, White (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Strapped for cash, will Bulger divulge assets? (cbsnews.com)
- Bulger: The “Hannibal Lecter of South Boston” (cbsnews.com)
- The “Departed” Returns to Boston: A Sordid Tale of Mobster Whitey Bulger & the FBI (jonathanturley.org)
- FBI Arrests Boston Mob Boss James ‘Whitey’ Bulger in California (blippitt.com)
If you miss it, the recording will be at BlogTalkRadio, HERE .
You can call in during the half hour that it’s on at 1 (661) 554-9186. I’ll be glad to discuss just about anything with you.
Success, Success! I only did about 15 minutes since I was testing out the iPhone and connections, but it worked.
I’ll plan bigger and better for next Tuesday.
- Listen in on Blog Talk Radio (musicsparks.wordpress.com)
- How to Improve Blog Traffic:Podcasting (aleasemichelle.typepad.com)