Quote of the Day – White House weighs in on Weiner…
Asked what the White House thinks of the Weiner situation and whether or not it supports the Democratic leadership that wants the Congressman‘s resignation, Press Secretary Jay Carney said the following:
“We think it’s a distraction from the important business that this president needs to conduct and Congress need to conduct. Beyond that, I don’t have any comment.”
Carney also said that Weiner’s activity was inappropriate. On the news tonight (an NBC leap into the front line), President Obama said Weiner should resign.
- White House Weighs In On Weinergate: ‘A Distraction,’ Behavior And Dishonesty ‘Inappropriate’ (mediaite.com)
- “The president feels, we feel at the White House, this is a distraction, as Congressman Weiner has…” (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Carney weighs in on Weiner (whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com)
- Carney on a scandal – W.H. won’t say Weiner must go (politico.com)
- White House calls Weiner a ‘distraction’ (nydailynews.com)
- White House: Weiner scandal is a ‘distraction’ (cnn.com)
Posted on June 13, 2011, in Announcement, Congress, editorial, ethics, government, Legal, News, Opinion, Politics, President Obama, Press, quote, Television, Word from Bill and tagged Anthony Weiner, Barack Obama, Democratic, Jay Carney, Press Secretary, United States Congress, White House, White House Press Secretary. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Quote of the Day – White House weighs in on Weiner….