Daily Archives: June 11, 2011
“Congressman Weiner departed this morning to seek professional treatment to focus on becoming a better husband and healthier person. In light of that, he will request a short leave of absence from the House of Representatives so that he can get evaluated and map out a course of treatment to make himself well.”
Weiner spokeswoman, Risa Heller
What clinic treats Twitter stupidity?
- Anthony Weiner Requests Leave of Absence to Seek Treatment (blippitt.com)
- Weiner to seek professional treatment, requests temporary leave of absence from the House (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Breaking: Rep. Weiner Asks For ‘Leave of Absence’ (inquisitr.com)
- Anthony Weiner Takes Leave of Absence from Congress, Seeks Professional Help (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Weiner says he’ll get help, take leave from Congress (ctv.ca)
- Weiner Heads To Rehab As Pelosi, Party Leaders Call On Him To Resign (annem040359.wordpress.com)
Last evening at the Folly at Bradley Sanders’ meeting to toss around ideas for the August Carnival. Between my sneezing sand wiping off my watery eyes, I tried to contribute ideas. As it turned out, I’ve volunteered to create a kind of shooting gallery booth. I’ve got just under 40 days. I went home after that and fell asleep in my chair… waking up with a sneezing fit an hour later.
After a night of very little sleep, I went over to the Morgan’s Grove Market and set up my chair in the shade at Ruth Raubertas’s booth. At noon, I came home, fed the dogs, took some NyQuil and fell asleep in my chair again.
… about which of the songs in “The Book of Mormon“ are safe enough to present as the sample from the best nominated Musicals. Mormon is up for 14 Tonys, and although it probably won’t win them all, as the Drama Desk Awards showed last week, it is sure to take SOMETHING home.
I’ve been playing the album over and over on my iPhone and I think the piece that stands the best chance is the opening number “Hello,” yet that doesn’t show the experience in Uganda which makes up the body of the work. The songs in Uganda pose the biggest problems for television which cannot easily take “fuck you, God” or any and all the messages about the clitoris, or even the closing scene, which is a variation on “Hello” also full of the F word.
I must sat, I love the score and the story, however. I wish I was in New York so I could go see it (where apparently, it is frequently sold out.) It’s going to be a long time, if ever, before this gets to the Community Theatre market.
- Bargain Alert! The Book Of Mormon (MP3 Album) by the Broadway cast for $1.99! (randomizeme.wordpress.com)
- ‘Book of Mormon’ star Andrew Rannells talks Tonys – EXCLUSIVE VIDEO (popwatch.ew.com)
- The Book of Mormon: South Park takes the missionary position (theglobeandmail.com)
- Stage Door: Ghost Musical, War Horse, Sandra Bernhard, Tony Predix (thefilmexperience.net)
- ArtsBeat: Just How Much Is a Tony Worth? (artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com)
- 11 Musical Highlights From The 2011 Tony Award Nominees (fresh1027.radio.com)
- 11 Musical Highlights From The 2011 Tony Award Nominees (wlte.radio.com)