A Quote for the Afternoon (and I am deeply disappointed)
I regret to say that Anthony Weiner, a man I have defended to those I discuss politics with… and on this blog, admitted today that he had sent the photo of himself in his underwear via twitter to a woman he didn’t know, and that, furthermore he had lied about it. Apparently he had done this with aroud half a dozen women over the last three years.
This quote from his press conference this afternoon:
“I have made terrible mistakes that have hurt the people I care about the most and I’m deeply sorry. I have not been honest with myself, my family, my constituents, my friends and supporters and the media.”
Weiner, who just about came to tears apologizing to his wife and family in the press conference, also stated that he would not resign.
- Anthony Weiner: I HAVE MADE TERRIBLE MISTAKES BUT I AM NOT RESIGNING (thenewspundit.com)
- Rep. Anthony Weiner Admits ‘Yes I Tweeted My Weiner’ (PHOTOS & VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Rep. Anthony Weiner admits to sending lewed photo – USA Today (news.google.com)
- Anthony Weiner Admits to Sending Crotch Shot [Video] (gawker.com)
- Anthony Weiner Schedules Press Conference to Deal with Latest Accusations (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Weiner in Hot Water (news.icanhascheezburger.com)
- Insert Weiner Joke Here (macleans.ca)
- Anthony Weiner comes clean on explicit photo (cbsnews.com)
Posted on June 6, 2011, in Announcement, blogs, Congress, event, government, Internet, Legal, News, Opinion, Politics, quote, sex, Twitter, Word from Bill and tagged Andrew Breitbart, Anthony Weiner, biggovernment, Facebook, Huma Abedin, New York, News conference, Twitter. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.