Daily Archives: May 31, 2011
Waiting for C-Span to start broadcasting the House debate on raising the Debt Ceiling, I found the political station showing something called The Media Research Center “Dishonors Awards” (if you aren’t aware of the MRC, it was started by the far right-wing creepiness pushing “celebrity”, Brent Bozell). At the point I tuned it in, this program, which is aimed at insulting and ridiculing anyone on the left (or even the center, it seems), someone named Neal Boortz, who, it seems is some kind of radio talk show person who has been working, by his statement, for 40 years. He very easily mocked every talk show host, radio or television, who didn’t agree with extreme right politics.
As he claimed that people like Keith Olbermann, Bob Schiefer (see what I mean about “center”) and Tavis Smiley lied about Tea Party members who have been documented as insulting, spitting at and yelling accusations at Democratic Congressmen and Senators, he managed to use more words that I don’t even want to reproduce here… but which could be seen as a boomerang coming back to criticize himself.
As I said, I have never heard of this Neal Boortz before and, since I don’t listen to extreme right wing radio, I hope I never have to again. If he is one of your heroes, then put his statue up on your shelf with Rush Limbaugh‘s and Glenn Beck‘s and have a joyous worship service. I’m going to go wash my hands and get rid of the poop the TV clicker transferred by bringing in this program. C-Span should be ashamed.
- Ann Coulter Gives the Ode to Keith Olbermann Award at the Media Research Center’s ‘Dishonor Awards’ Ceremony (crooksandliars.com)
- Herman Cain & Federal Reserve ? (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- Why Local Talk Radio Makes Sense (ereleases.com)
“Is there some thought being given to subsidizing the clearing of rain forests in order for some countries to eliminate that production of greenhouse gases? Or would people be supportive of cutting down older trees in order to plant younger trees as a means to prevent this disaster from happening?”
Rohrabacher was questioning Todd Stern, the Obama administration’s climate change envoy, on whether the nation’s climate policy should focus on reducing the more than 80 percent of carbon emissions produced by the natural world in the form of decaying plant matter.
And was he serious about this question… it seems like he was. So let’s cut down the rainforests and turn the world into an oxygen-depleted desert. Perhaps he doesn’t realize that forests soak up more than 1/3 of the world’s carbon emissions… and maybe we would do better to not cut down any more forests…ever.
Rep. Rohrabacher may not be that far out of the GOP thinking on the environment. It was his fellow Californian Ronald Reagan who claimed in 1981 that: “Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do.”
Is the lack of thinking problem endemic to California? Or to Republicans? Or just to Congressmen in general? As Mark Twain said:
“Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Republican’s Climate Solution: Clear-Cut the Rain Forest (green.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Lawmaker Explores Climate Solution in Clearing Rain Forests (dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com)
- GOP Rep. Rohrabacher Doesn’t Believe in Climate Change, But Wants to Clear the Rainforests Anyway (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Do trees cause global warming? (politico.com)
- Republican Blames Trees for Global Warming [Science] (gawker.com)
Just go HERE.
We talked about Apple Computer‘s announcement of iCloud, the shortage of some generic medications in hospitals, the loss of memory with age, The loss of groundwater as seen from space by the GRACE project. and other things… If you sign in and listen, you can also add comments which will be available to all listeners, a list that grows every week.
btw: I’m getting a new cell phone, hopefully in the next week, which will improve the AWFUL sound quality of my current podcasts. And maybe I’ll have a music intro by next week.
They’ll stop at nothing to steal the Presidency.
We have to act now to stop these bills from becoming law. The Democratic Governors Association is the only organization devoted solely to electing Democratic governors who will veto any and all attempts to limit voter rights. Use the form at the right to stand with the DGA and demand that Republicans stop their politically-motivated attempts to suppress votes.
- Linking Money to Votes… (themoderatevoice.com)
- DGA Video: Will GOP Governors ‘Stand with Scott’ Walker’s Power Grab? (middletownmike.blogspot.com)
- Voter registration could be key to Obama in 2012 (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- My new podcast is at 10 AM… I’m getting ready. (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
Working on it now…hope you will tune in… if you can’t it will be available all week at the BlogTalkRadio site:
- Blog Talk Radio user interface and instructions….any good? (wanderingsalsero.typepad.com)