Daily Archives: May 28, 2011
A lttle computer history… what was predicted for software in 1977?
“I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.”
– Albert Einstein
Here is the word from a television broadcast and a VERY young Bill Gates 34 years ago:
I’d write more, but I’ve got to get over to one of our many thousand software stores and pick up some stuff that costs more than my computer (gee, if we could only get all of this in a hand-held telephone!).
The weather held out for the Morgan’s Grove Market this morning…
… with a passing rainfall not happening until after the 12 noon close. All-in-all it was a beautiful day at the market. Plenty of fresh vegetables and plantables… 2 new baking folks set up in two different pavilions (what do you call those fabric things? Tents? Rooftops?)… and the Speakeasy Boys, local favorites, playing the blues and country-tinged music for the crowd.
Elly recruited two more people for the Community Garden… people who made up their minds to take a plot or two after seeing the garden from the Market platform and visiting with her while she was planting.
This was a pleasant way to start Memorial Day Weekend Saturday. Play at Full Circle tonite.
Gil Scott-Heron died yesterday at 62
“You can go into [Allen] Ginsberg and the Beat poets and [Bob] Dylan, but Gil Scott-Heron is the manifestation of the modern word. He and the Last Poets set the stage for everyone else.”
– Chuck D
No matter what side you are on, recognizing the greatness of an American poet is something we don’t often do.
Here is the one he is best known for:
And here he talks about making it:
R.I.P. Gil Scott-Heron
- Poet Gil Scott-Heron Dies at 62 (inquisitr.com)
- Poet/Musician Gil Scott-Heron dies: “The Revolution Will Not Be Televised” (wilderside.wordpress.com)
- Gil Scott-Heron, Bluesologist Joins the Light (musicofourheart.wordpress.com)
- RIP Gil Scott-Heron (dave-lucas.blogspot.com)
- Rare Show: Gil Scott-Heron Live in Europe 2010 – A Soul of Sydney Tribute (RIP GIL SCOTT HERON) (soulofsydney.wordpress.com)
- Gil Scott-Heron Dead: Spoken-Word Musician Dies in NYC (blippitt.com)
- The Revolution Will Not Be Televised: Gil Scott-Heron Passes Away At Age 62 (divamission.wordpress.com)
- Gil Scott-Heron, RIP (brooklynvegan.com)