Daily Archives: May 25, 2011
As I started watching the Ed Show tonight on MSNBC, Ed came out and did a long apology to Laura Ingraham, to MSNBC, to his wife and family and to his audience for making a low and insulting statement, apparently as an improvisation, on his radio show.
This was the statement:
“You see, she was back in the days, praising President Reagan when he was drinking a beer overseas. But now that Obama’s doing it, they’re working him over.”
In his statement, Ed said he had been trying to get Ingraham on the phone to apologize in person, has left a message stating his apology and will continue trying to reach her.
Ingraham responded with cool understatement and claws extended.
“I was surprised to learn that Ed Schultz actually hosted a radio show,” she said. “Is it available only on line.”
Ingraham added a remark about “men who preach civility but practice misogyny.”
Separated at Birth
Then there was her statement on Nancy Pelosi in November of 2009:
“Nancy Pelosi basically did everything except sell her own body” (to pass health care reform bill).
There was her comment about how “black people” love ribs, followed by another statement on Michelle Obama back in November of 2010:
“Michelle’s lunch was baby back ribs. Afternoon snack, more ribs. Bedtime snack, the last three ribs!”
- Democrat’s Civility – Call Republican Woman a SLUT on National TV (dewgeneral.wordpress.com)
- MSNBC’s Ed Schultz suspended after calling Laura Ingraham a “Right-Wing Talk Slut.” (chicagonow.com)
- More misogyny at MSNBC: Neanderthal host attacks Laura Ingraham as a “slut” (michellemalkin.com)
- Harry Alford of the Black Chamber of Commerce talks to Laura Ingram on Obama (politics.ie)
“I am going to vote no on the budget because I have deep and abiding concerns about the approach on Medicare, which is essentially to privatize it.”
– Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-ME)
Sure, she’s close to being a liberal Republican… but she doesn’t make Ryan very happy.
Fighting the Battle of the Fruit Flies…
It’s that time of year… getting warmer outside but still not so hot that we have to close up the house and turn the Air Conditioning on. That’s something we avoid until the last minute.
The problem, however, is that, in this weather, the fruit flies start to swarm around the vegetable and fruit scraps waiting to go out into the garden and make our cooking area very unpleasant.
We start with a small Ball jar. Into that we put about 1/2 cup of cider vinegar, a little water and a few drops of dish soap. Some people add a piece of banana to the mix – something fruit flies love – but I haven’t found it necessary.
On top of the jar we stretch tightly a piece of plastic wrap, or a small sandwich bag, and seal it around the neck with a rubber band. Then we take a toothpick and poke about 7 or 8 holes in the top.
Put the Jar (or 2 or 3 of them) in the infestation area and pretty soon the problem will be gone… and you can count the number of bugs either floating on top (new captures) or lying dead on the bottom. I’m up to around 60 with one jar which I set up about 3 hours ago.
A jar with the vinegar/soap mix lasts a couple of weeks and then can be refreshed with a new mix. Keep the traps going until the problem disappears or the start of heavy air conditioning season (you may have to overlap the two.)
- THURSDAY: My morning (dailynibbles.com)
… you can listen to it at your leisure (and drop in comments that I am likely to get back to.) Just go HERE.
OK, I’m not Harry Shearer…yet… but I think I get a little better every week. I hope you think so, too.
Doesn’t require any special software…just your regular internet access.
I did. here it is:
Victories like this are what happen when we fight together to protect our core Democratic values.
Congresswoman-elect Hochul’s victory in a staunchly-Republican district has shocked the political world and sent an unmistakable sign that the American people will not stand for the Republicans’ reckless and extreme agenda to end Medicare.
This is our third straight special election victory in New York — and it is truly one for the ages. All of the Republicans’ right-wing outside groups with their secret money and dishonest attacks were no match for the combined strength of grassroots Democrats.
Thank you again for fighting to protect and defend Medicare and bringing us one step closer to regaining our Democratic House Majority.
Hopefully, this is the start of taking back the House from the crazies.
- NY-26: Kathy Hochul victory thread (dailykos.com)
- Democrats win upset New York victory (politics.ie)
- What NY-26 Means for 2012 (politicalwire.com)
- Referendum on Medicare? Dem Wins Special Election in GOP-Leaning NY-26 (abcnews.go.com)
- Nancy Pelosi squeezes Paul Ryan on Medicare (thehill.com)
- Pelosi effective foil for GOP? (politico.com)
- New York Special Election: Medicare Will Be Issue Of 2012 (huffingtonpost.com)
- Democrat Kathy Hochul wins upstate NY race – Reuters (news.google.com)
- New York’s Extra Special Election: A GOP Wake-Up Call? (swampland.time.com)
Having missed my time yesterday on my birthday because I was playing my new Canjo and ignoring time and the world, I am now ready to get it on today… actually in just over an hour.
Hope you will tune in… if you can’t it will be available all week at the BlogTalkRadio site:
I guess he didn’t raise enough to add to his blessed $72 million bucks. better get in line with him now and send in your money) so you make it up to heaven when it really happens. But do it before October 21st.
Here are his comments:
- Harold Camping’s Family Radio Completely Redesigns Website With No Mention Of Rapture (businessinsider.com)
- Harold Camping Predicts Rapture Will Now Be Oct. 21 (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- The Rapture Has Been Pushed Until Oct. 21st. (thenationalbugle.com)
- Harold Camping Moves Goalpost: October 21 is the New Rapture (towleroad.com)
- Rapture Rescheduled for October 21, Says Harold Camping (sfist.com)
- The first reaction from Rapture predictor Harold Camping (invisiblechildren.com)
- Follow Up of the Day: Harold Camping Revises Rapture Date [UPDATED] (thedailywh.at)