Daily Archives: May 20, 2011
From USA Today:
Wrestler Randy ‘Macho Man’ Savage, the Slim Jim pitchman known for his raspy-voiced “Ohh yeah” catch phrase, died in a car accident today in Seminole, Fla., possibly after suffering a heart attack, WTSP reports.
READ: Official accident report
It says the accident report indicates that he may have suffered a “medical event” before the crash, but that a final ruling would depend on the results of an autopy.
I remember photographing Randy Savage back in my early commercial photography days covering the wrestlers of the, then, WWF (now the WWE). Goodbye, Randy. You were, at the very least, a great entertainer.
- Pro Wrestler Randy ‘Macho Man’ Savage Dies in Car Accident, Report Says – Fox News (news.google.com)
- Macho Man Randy Savage: Dead from Heart Attack, Car Accident (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- TMZ report: Macho Man Randy Savage dies in car accident (tmz.com)
- Macho Man Randy Savage Dies in Car Accident (1952 – 2011) (thesuperficial.com)
- Pro Wrestler ‘Macho Man’ Randy Savage Dies in Car Accident (newsfeed.time.com)
- Macho Man Randy Savage, 1952-2011 (withleather.uproxx.com)
- Wrestling Superstar Randy ‘Macho Man’ Savage Dies in Car Crash [Video] (gawker.com)
We haven’t heard a lot about Bradley Manning in the news lately, although the untried, unconvicted supposed leaker has been held in the military brig, often without clothes, for a year now. Oh, there was a brief statement last month about his transfer from the maximum security brig at Quantico to a medium-custody military prison at Leavenworth, Kansas, while he awaits trial. But that’s it.
PBS’s Frontline is planning an in-depth program on Manning, Julian Assange (who the info was leaked to and who published it on-line) and WikiLeaks. They promise to air new information. My guess is that it may make the military look even worse than they do now.
- WikiLeaks suspect to be housed with other inmates (cbsnews.com)
- WikiLeaks suspect being moved out of Quantico – Los Angeles Times (news.google.com)
- WikiLeaks founder wins Australian rights prize (cbsnews.com)
- Bradley Manning now in nicer Army prison (go.theregister.com)
- WikiLeaks, get out of the gagging game | James Ball (guardian.co.uk)
- You: Bradley Manning, WikiLeaks suspect, forced to sleep naked in brig (washingtonpost.com)
- Accused WikiLeaker Gets Prison Upgrade Amid Criticism of Treatment at Quantico – Fox News (news.google.com)