… and a quote for the evening from Stephen Hawking:
“I have lived with the prospect of an early death for the last 49 years. I’m not afraid of death, but I’m in no hurry to die. I have so much I want to do first. I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.”
It is a strong statement, and one I agree with.
- Stephen Hawking: “There Is No Heaven… That Is A Fairy Story” (alan.com)
- Stephen Hawking on heaven and death (mojoey.blogspot.com)
- stephen hawking: there is no heaven or afterlife (toomanytribbles.blogspot.com)
- Steven Hawking: “There Is No Heaven…That Is A Fairy Story” (alan.com)
- Hawking: Heaven is a fairy story (thesun.co.uk)
- Hawking-Heaven Is A Fairy Story (merovee.wordpress.com)
- There is no heaven, it ‘is a fairy story,’ Stephen Hawking says (thestar.com)
Posted on May 18, 2011, in Announcement, atheism, Books, Dreams, editorial, history, Opinion, quote, Technology and tagged Afterlife, Crime and Justice, Death, Fairy tale, God, Guardian, Near Death Experiences, Stephen Hawking. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.