Daily Archives: April 16, 2011
Nothing would make me happier than Republicans, and by that I mean The Tea Party (or the Koch Brothers Front) losing control of the House next year.
Steve Israel (see below) is right on the money here, and if those uncompromising righties don’t sign along with the rest of us to restore taxes on the Top 1%, then they will guarantee the loss of control.
Picked this up at Taegan Goddard’s Political Wire:
- DCCC Chair Steve Israel Says Ryan Budget, Medicare Will Cost Republicans the House (blogs.abcnews.com)
- All in: House passes Paul Ryan’s 2012 budget, 235-193 (hotair.com)
- DCCC posts fundraising haul (politico.com)
- Meet the Democratic Campaign Leaders (pinkbananaworld.com)
Saturday the 23d is Earth Day and Shepherdstown is having a big affair at Morgan’s Grove Park (which, of course, is right next door to the Community Garden that Sustainable Shepherdstown is setting up and the location for the new Morgan’s Grove Market which opens in May.)
Here is the poster:
- Shepherdstown Community Garden Update… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Community Gardens Update (franklinmatters.blogspot.com)
- Earth Day Clean-Up 2011 (mainsouthcdc.wordpress.com)
- Looking for Webelos (myshepherdstown.wordpress.com)
In a Little While originally by U2 – Manuel Gottsching from Ash Ra Tempel has added guitar.
Empty Glass originally by The Tea Party – Michael Schenker (UFO/Scorpions) has added guest guitar.
Lost in the Stars as done by Frank Sinatra – Jazz legend Ernie Watts is on guest saxophone.
Twilight Zone originally by Golden Earring – Warren Haynes (Gov’t Mule/Allman Brothers) is on guest guitar.
Space Cowboy originally by Steve Miller – Country artist Brad Paisley has added guitar and vocals.
Rocket Man originally by Elton John – Guitarist Steve Hillage (ex Gong member and current member of techno rock duo System 7) has added guest guitar
Space Oddity originally by David Bowie – Ritchie Blackmore (ex-Deep Purple) has added guest guitar. Alan Parsons is adding guest keyboards.
Spirit in the Sky originally by Norman Greenbaum – Peter Frampton has played guitar on this track.
Bohemian Rhapsody originally by Queen – John Wetton from Asia has played bass and done a vocal.
Silver Machine originally by Hawkwind – Wayne Kramer from the MC5 is adding guitar and Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge/Rod Stewart) is adding a guest drum part.
Major Tom originally by Peter Shilling – Nick Valensi, the guitarist from the Strokes has added guest guitar to this this track. Also Zakk Wylde (ozzy osbourn, black label society) and Mike Inez (Alice In Chains)have contributed to this track.
Learning to Fly originally by Pink Floyd – Edgar Froese from Tangerine Dream has played guitar and keyboards on this track.
Mr. Spaceman originally by The Byrds – Dave Davies from the Kinks has added guest guitar on this track.
Iron Man originally by Black Sabbath – Zakk Wylde (ex Ozzy guitarist) played guitar and did a vocal on this track.
Planet Earth originally by Duran Duran – Steve Howe, guitarist with Yes, played guitar on this track.
Walking on the Moon originally by The Police – Toots of Toots & the Maytals has added a guest vocal.
Mrs. Major Tom – female singer to add a track -To be announced
I guess we’re all excited now… but I don’t think these are songs that John Case will want to play on Winners and Losers.
- William Shatner: Searching for Major Tom (ritholtz.com)
- William Shatner To Cover Queen And Bowie In New Album (wcbsfm.radio.com)
- William Shatner Recording Heavy Metal Album (huffingtonpost.com)
- Shatner Sings The Classics Of The Day (geeks.thedailywh.at)
- In the Shat House… by Whitney Farmer – Un Pop Culture (mdwp.malibulist.com)