Daily Archives: April 11, 2011
Well, a grayish blue that matches the shutters on the second and third floor windows. I’ve been wondering for close to three years why they put a beige door on our Town House and then put on shutters that didn’t match.
Of course, to put in the time for this I needed to keep Byron, our younger and more agile dog who is always looking for a way to escape, out on the back deck. Nestle, our 12-year-old Lab just lay down on the top of the steps and watched the whole experience.
A group called BrokeFix in protest of the removal of the Labor Mural from the Maine Capitol in Augusta by the Right Wing Governor did what was called a “Photo Bomb” demonstration to bring the mural back.
Take a look:
The USDoL had put up more than $36,000 to help commission the mural. If it is not put back in actuality, the citizens of Maine will likely have to return the grant money.
- Protesters raise a ruckus at state Capitol building (kitsapsun.com)
- Maine artist hoped labor mural would educate (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Removal of Mural May Cost Maine Taxpayers (politicalwire.com)
- Feds to Maine: Reinstall labor mural or repay funding (via CNN Political Ticker) (richardemanuel.wordpress.com)
- US Labor Dept. steps into Maine mural dispute (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Maine Takes Down Labor Mural (npr.org)
The bill’s House sponsor, state Rep. Brent Crane, R-Nampa, told legislators that the “hand of the Almighty” was at work. “His ways are higher than our ways.”
12 states are now considering similar legislation.
This clip is from PoliticsUSA… go in and read the whole thing (and try not to vomit).
- Idaho legislator: No abortions should stay the ‘Hand of the Almighty’ (dailykos.com)
- in Idaho, if you get raped, it was GOD’s doing, apparently (hahayourefunny.wordpress.com)
- Idaho GOP: If Women Are Raped, It’s ‘The Hand of the Almighty’ At Work (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Your body isn’t yours, it belongs to the conservative Christians (scienceblogs.com)
- Idaho lawmakers send 20-week abortion ban to Gov. Otter (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)
Right now, the economy is weak. Giving into austerity will weaken it further, or at least delay recovery for longer. And if Obama does not get a recovery, then he will not be a successful president, no matter how hard he works to claim Boehner’s successes as his own.
It’s worth your time to read the whole column HERE.
- Agent Orange: (brothersjuddblog.com)
- In Government Shutdown Analogy, NBA’s David Stern Is John Boehner; Will Billy Hunter Be Obama? (sbnation.com)
- Once Again, We Are Defeated… (delong.typepad.com)
- Budget Compromise a Bad Deal for Democrats, American Economy (blogs.forbes.com)
- The President Says We Won. Harry Reid Says We Won. So Why Does My Butt Hurt? (bruceturnerjr5.wordpress.com)