Daily Archives: April 8, 2011
Both Boehner and Reid have come out tonite (after 11:00 PM), and the President as well, saying there is a deal. They seem to have done the budget cuts but have not cut out Planned Parenthood in the temporary funding bill.
It just passed the Senate by unanimous consent and is on it’s way to the House for a vote.
There was a $39 Billion cut. Tea Party newsletter is announcing that Boehner has “sold them out”.
I’ll admit it… about six months ago I gave up the Vegan diet I had been on for close to two years and went off on a meat and cheese (mostly cheese) binge. But now, since my weight stopped coming off and I just didn’t feel as good, last Monday I returned to my Vegan diet (but I will miss that occasional top sirloin!).
- The Vegan Diet and Weight Loss (everydayhealth.com)
- Pizza (veganmassacre.wordpress.com)
- How To Follow A Raw Vegan Diet (fitnesstipsforlife.com)
- 9 Celebs Who Said Goodbye to Meat and Dairy and Hello to Veganism (fitsugar.com)
- Vegan Foods That Are High in Vitamin B12 (fitsugar.com)
- Vegan, It’s What’s For Lunch (wdok.radio.com)
My son Will works part-time at the Smithsonian (on their web stuff) while he goes to grad school in DC… I imagine he is not looking forward to this one.
- Government shutdown would be bad for Smithsonian – Washington Post (blog) (news.google.com)
- Tourist Troubles: Potential Government Shutdown Could Stifle Museums, Parks (newsfeed.time.com)
- So, I Guess The Government Might Shutdown? (radio923fm.radio.com)
- How a government shutdown will affect you (capitolhillblue.com)
- US government shutdown looms amid budget brinkmanship (guardian.co.uk)
- Surviving the government shutdown (sfgate.com)
The Teabaggers are trying to defund Planned Parenthood, eliminating pap smears and breast exams (and, yes, abortions) for poor women. Patty Murray looked at it as blackmail:
“I am really stunned, and I am angry as a woman that we have come to this after weeks of negotiating on numbers, where we have in principle an agreement on numbers, that there are those in the Republican Party in the House who are willing to shut down the government, take people’s paychecks away from them, because they want to deny women access to health care in this country.”