Daily Archives: April 4, 2011
The We Are One demonstration was held in front of McMurran Hall at Shepherd tonite, and John Case and I were there (as was Delegate Doyle and about fifty people). We couldn’t light the candles because the wind kept putting them out, but we made and listened to speeches… this was a really liberal crowd… had some conversations afterward, then wondered what we’d be able to do next.
Frankly, I really don’t know.
Here are some pictures, but I apologize for the quality… low light and a bad flash… I’ve edited them as well as possible.
I have to agree with Senator Leahy… it looks like Obama has once again pulled in with conservatives who were pushing for the military courts instead of standing up for his 2008 campaign promises. Boy, I wish he’d quit doing that.
- 9/11 Mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed To Face Military Tribunal At Guantanamo Bay (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Obama Administration To Abandon Plans For Civilian Trials For 9/11 Plotters (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Obama’s First 2012 Election Stunt: Militayr Trials for KSM and Four 911 Muslim Terrorists (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Accused 9/11 mastermind to face military tribunal (cnn.com)
- Breaking: KSM to get military commission trial (hotair.com)
- 9/11 suspect to be tried at Guantanamo (rt.com)
- KSM to be tried by military commission at Gitmo (cbsnews.com)
8:00PM to 08:45PM
Hosted by Rod Snyder
Event Description:The Jefferson County Young Democrats, Shepherd University Young Democrats and Jefferson County NAACP will hold a candlelight vigil to honor the life and work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and to emphasize the ongoing struggle for civil rights and worker rights.
One of 1000 Demonstrations Nationwide. Be There!