Getting our minds off Libya, Wisconsin and Japan for awhile: Are you looking for a cushy job?
Aflac is auditioning voices to find the one that will replace the fired Gilbert Gottfried…and you could be the one.
All you have to do is record an audition piece and get it e-mailed to Aflac at http://www.quackaflac.com/applyonline by April Fool’s Day.
Here are the guidelines:
* Submitted by 11:59pm PST on Friday 4/1
* No more than 30 seconds long
* 10MB or smaller
* File name includes your first and last names
* Is a standard file format:
o Audio: mp3, wav, midi, wma, mpa, mp2, m2a, ra
o Video: mov, qt, mpeg, mpg, wmv, rmvb, rm, avi, m4a, mp4, m4v
Note: Although I spent a little time during my job search period selling Aflac some years ago, I have no relationship, economic or otherwise, to these auditions. I assume Salon doesn’t either. I will be entering, however.
- Do You Have What It Takes to Be the Next Gilbert Gottfried? (eonline.com)
- Aflac seeks new voice for its duck (sfgate.com)
- Aflac Seeks New Voice for Its Duck (abcnews.go.com)
- The Aflac Duck Will Quack Again (dealbook.nytimes.com)
- Are you annoying? Aflac needs new duck voice (msnbc.msn.com)
Posted on March 24, 2011, in Advertising, Announcement, Arts, Business, creativity, Internet, News, quote, Theatre and Art, Word from Bill and tagged Aflac, April Fools Day, Chief marketing officer, Gilbert Gottfried, Japan, Kaplan Thaler Group, Los Angeles, Twitter. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Getting our minds off Libya, Wisconsin and Japan for awhile: Are you looking for a cushy job?.