Walker screws the Democratic Senators… and the People of Wisconsin…at the last minute…
…screws the Union workers, too. Screws Wisconsin actually.
It was also a 180-degree reversal by Walker and state Senate Republicans, who have insisted for the past three weeks that the collective bargaining provision was designed to help alleviate the state’s budget problems. State Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R) had previously said he would not attempt to pass any portions of the bill without Democrats present.
Republicans in the Wisconsin Senate voted 18-1 to strip Union rights and no Democrats were present.
These are outrageous bullying tactics, done without saying anything to the press or public (even though there is a Wisconsin law saying such a maneuver would require a 24 hour public announcement.
University of Madison-Wisconsin student journalist Talya Minsberg, who is at the Capitol, told The Huffington Post that there are vastly more people stuck outside than inside due to “airport-style” security measures. Those outside crowded around a window near where the vote was taking place, to shout and protest Republican lawmakers: “You lied! You lied! You lied to Wisconsin!” went one chant. “Shame!” went another.
A mockery has been made of the rule of law and Scott Walker will pay a huge political price for this.
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker Rejects Dems’ Meeting Proposal (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- The name for what Scott Walker, The Wisconsin Republican Senators and David Koch are trying to pull is called “structural adjustment” (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Scott Walker, Wisconsin GOP, wavering under recall pressure (dailykos.com)
- Quote of the Day – Russ Feingold, former Wisconsin Senator, to Scott Walker, Wisconsin Governor (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Wisconsin Republican: attacks on unions aim to defeat Obama (dailykos.com)
Posted on March 9, 2011, in campaign, crime, Finance, government, Legal, Lies, News, Politics, Press, quote, vote, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Democratic, Huffington Post, Madison Wisconsin, Party leaders of the United States Senate, Republican, Scott Walker, Union busting, Wisconsin. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.