Things have changed a lot since I went to college…
The president of Northwestern University said Thursday that he was “troubled and disappointed” by a psychology professor’s decision to present his students last week with a demonstration outside class that featured a couple engaging in a live sex act using a prop.
The demonstration had been arranged by J. Michael Bailey, whose Human Sexuality class has an enrollment of nearly 600. On Feb. 21, after concluding a lecture at a university auditorium about sexual arousal, Professor Bailey brought onto the stage a man whom he had invited to participate in a discussion of “kinky people,” according to an e-mail the professor later sent to his students that was reprinted by The Daily Northwestern.
Oooweee! The whole article is available in the Education section of the Times HERE. Checking out the coverage in the Daily Northwestern (click on the link in the quote), I find most of the student community supporting Bailey (who has taught a NU for two decades) and a certain number of outsiders who are offended by the whole thing.
- You: Extracurricular Sex Toy Lesson Draws Rebuke at Northwestern (nytimes.com)
- What They’re Doing With Their Time at Northwestern University (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- College Prof Defends Sex Toy After-School Special (foxnews.com)
- Northwestern Univ. to investigate sex toy demo – CBS News (news.google.com)
- University president “troubled” by live sex demonstration (reuters.com)
- Northwestern University investigates professor over sexually explicit in-class presentation (educblog.wordpress.com)
- Faith Kroll and Fiancé Jim Marcus executed Live Sex Toy Demo at Northwestern University (genzpad.com)
- College Condemns Classroom Sex Show (online.wsj.com)
Posted on March 4, 2011, in Arts, blogs, creativity, Education, event, Legal, News, Press, quote, sex, Warning, wild things, Word from Bill and tagged Daily Northwestern, Education, Human sexual activity, Human sexuality, J. Michael Bailey, Northwestern University, Professor, Sexual arousal. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.