Daily Archives: March 4, 2011
Hey, I’ve got an idea… why don’t we go back to gold? Gold $1 coins would probably be much smaller than silver-ish ones and take up much less pocket space. Easier for private companies to adjust their coin machines…especially if the $1 gold coin is the size of a nickel.
- The Lifespan of A Dollar Bill (creditloan.com)
- Confessions of a Dollar Bill (moneyning.com)
- Gold and silver coins would be legal tender under new bill ()
- From Cowrie To Copper (mukluk.wordpress.com)
The president of Northwestern University said Thursday that he was “troubled and disappointed” by a psychology professor’s decision to present his students last week with a demonstration outside class that featured a couple engaging in a live sex act using a prop.
The demonstration had been arranged by J. Michael Bailey, whose Human Sexuality class has an enrollment of nearly 600. On Feb. 21, after concluding a lecture at a university auditorium about sexual arousal, Professor Bailey brought onto the stage a man whom he had invited to participate in a discussion of “kinky people,” according to an e-mail the professor later sent to his students that was reprinted by The Daily Northwestern.
Oooweee! The whole article is available in the Education section of the Times HERE. Checking out the coverage in the Daily Northwestern (click on the link in the quote), I find most of the student community supporting Bailey (who has taught a NU for two decades) and a certain number of outsiders who are offended by the whole thing.
- You: Extracurricular Sex Toy Lesson Draws Rebuke at Northwestern (nytimes.com)
- What They’re Doing With Their Time at Northwestern University (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- College Prof Defends Sex Toy After-School Special (foxnews.com)
- Northwestern Univ. to investigate sex toy demo – CBS News (news.google.com)
- University president “troubled” by live sex demonstration (reuters.com)
- Northwestern University investigates professor over sexually explicit in-class presentation (educblog.wordpress.com)
- Faith Kroll and Fiancé Jim Marcus executed Live Sex Toy Demo at Northwestern University (genzpad.com)
- College Condemns Classroom Sex Show (online.wsj.com)
The Republican Party is now facing a great crisis. It is to decide whether it will be, as in the days of Lincoln, the party of the plain people, the party of progress, the party of social and industrial justice; or whether it will be the party of privilege and of special interests, the heir to those who were Lincoln’s most bitter opponents, the party that represents the great interests within and without Wall Street which desire through their control over the servants of the public to be kept immune from punishment when they do wrong and to be given privileges to which they are not entitled.
One hundred years later we see the Republicans having made the anti-Lincoln decision. If he were alive today, Teddy would most likely be a Democrat.
So much for the relationship with History.
- Lawrence Lessig: On the Significance of the Roemer Announcement (huffingtonpost.com)
- Abraham Lincoln and the protests in Madison, Wisconsin. (lifeondoverbeach.wordpress.com)
- Robert Slayton: Republican Chances in 2012 (huffingtonpost.com)
- Right off a Cliff (skydancingblog.com)
- What political party represented the south (wiki.answers.com)