Daily Archives: February 23, 2011
“This is not about the budget at all… this is about trying to destroy people’s right to collectively bargain. If you begin with a dishonest approach…and begin making threats…it’s a really an assault on Wisconsin‘s traditions. It’s really something a new governor shouldn’t be doing.”
“I call on him tonight to pull back, to drop this issue of collective bargaining and get back to budgeting“
- Russ Feingold explains the bait and switch of Scott Walker (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Russ Feingold Rallies Protesters In Wisconsin (huffingtonpost.com)
- The dirty secret about Wisconsin (salon.com)
- “Billionaire Koch Brothers Bankrolled Scott Walker’s Campaign: Out of State Big Money Agenda Guides Union Busting Efforts” and related posts (faithfulprogressive.blogspot.com)
My Cousin Bob turned me onto this… it’s called “hand dancing” and it’s brilliant (they’ve also made a (brief) McDonald’s coffee commercial.
If you saw or heard this yesterday it probably got your dander up. For those of us who depend on wi-fi to maintain a connection with the thinking world, this should be seriously looked into. From WRN:
Anyone logging on at the state capitol’s wi-fi connection as a guest could not access defendwisconsin.org for a time Monday. Sachen Chheda, a former capitol tech worker and current Chairman of the Milwaukee County Dems, says the screenshot looked like an intentional blockage used by an older program with which he was familiar.
The site serves as a focal point for the protesters and those opposing Governor Walker’s budget repair bill.
Also on the Democratic conference call this morning was a former assistant state Attorney General. Charles Hoornstra says if the activity was deliberate it opens up those responsible to lawsuits either at the state or federal level.
Walker’s office calls the claim by Democrats “lies.” In a statement, Spokesman Cullen Werwie says the Department of Administration blocks all new websites shortly after they are created, until they go through a software approval program that unblocks them. He notes within 30 minutes of being notified this website was blocked, DOA immediately made the website accessible.
Cullen adds the Governor believes in protesters right to voice their opinions as evident by capitol hours being changed to allow them extensive access.
- Wisconsin Governor Accused Of Blocking Union Internet Access Mubarak-Style (alan.com)
- Scott “Hosni” Walker blocking access to pro-union Web site (dailykos.com)
- Pro-Union Website ‘Defend Wisconsin’ Blocked In Capitol (huffingtonpost.com)
- Wisconsin Senate Dems. prevent vote on harsh GOP budget by leaving for ‘undisclosed location’ (americablog.com)
- Wisconsin governor rejects union compromise – USA Today (news.google.com)