Daily Archives: February 18, 2011
This is a moment of extreme entertainment as the House of Representatives battle over amendments coming from the Republican Congressman King of Iowa trying to stop funding for the Affordable Care Act (which he insists on calling “Obamacare” even though that name has been protested by Democrats). Rosa De Lauro of Connecticut is organizing the Democratic opposition and seems to be doing a pretty good job at it.
Republicans seem to refuse to address the cost of ending the Affordable Health Care Act in lost jobs and extreme cost increases put on Americans by Insurance companies. They are carrying out an assault on the working poor, the elderly and the ill Americans. It is a travesty that we have to go through this.
King is putting out amendment after amendment, all going after the same end: ending what he calls “Obamacare”. Since there is no act with that name, why don’t they just tell him to shut up and sit down?
- Effort to ‘Defund’ the Affordable Care Act Would Hurt Millions of People (yubanet.com)
- Top 10 CR Amendments for Conservatives to Watch – HUMAN EVENTS | Emily Miller (jamespatrick1.wordpress.com)
- Gov. Martin O’Malley: Affordable Care Act (huffingtonpost.com)
- CBS: Majority oppose cutting funding for Affordable Care Act (dailykos.com)
- “Colin Powell gets punked by the CIA” and related posts (bayareahouston.blogspot.com)
- Powell: CIA should answer on WMD (politico.com)
- Conscience catches up with Colin Powell (nowpublic.com)
- Colin Powell demands answers over ‘Curveball’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Angry Colin Powell wants answers on Iraq WMD lies (capitolhillblue.com)