Daily Archives: February 16, 2011
Here are their stats:
Citizens tired of being ignored amidst the media fascination with the antics and misinformation of the Tea Party, a fringe 2% which distracts us from solving the very real problems facing America.
Disenfranchised Tea Partiers outraged about Wall Street bailouts and the unfairness of a system that gives massive tax breaks to global corporations and the very rich while leaving the rest of us to pick up the tab.
We are all of us…
No matter what creed, color, religion or trade, we’re all in this together. Everyone — from the single mom just scraping by to the richest man on the hill — share a common interest in keeping America the best country on Earth.
We are often too busy to be heard, but we are everywhere. And we are hopeful.
The neurologist has scheduled me to come in Sunday morning to take the 8-hour EEG to see if they can find out if there is anything unexpected that caused my seizure last week. I’ve felt like another one is coming ever since it happened…at least I haven’t felt quite right. If this is me getting to the end of my game I’d at least like to know it…know what’s causing it.
Eight hours! that seems like an awfully long time. Plus, I’m supposed to be sleep deprived before I take it (which, given the way I don’t sleep anyway shouldn’t be a problem.) Of course, the seizure could have been caused by extremely low blood sugar which, with my diabetic condition, can happen.
I’ve just got to make it a little longer than three more months to reach age 65, something my father never did. That’s my short-term goal. Not sure what I’m going to do after that. Full Circle Theater announced it’s 2012 season and there’s nothing there for me to direct. I’d like to direct something somewhere while I still have my creativity intact. I’ve still got the radio show on Friday mornings. And I’m working seriously on starting my podcast(s)…that I can do from home. Other than that there’s not much left in my bag.
8 Hours! Whew!
- EEG – All Information (umm.edu)
- Diagnosing Epilepsy: The EEG Test (everydayhealth.com)
- EEG low-resolution brain electromagnetic tomography (LORETA) in Huntington’s disease (springerlink.com)
..and, of course, led us into a long stupid war with dead and wounded Americans and thousands of dead Iraqi citizens.
This snippet by an article from Empty Wheel:
- “Curveball” Says He Lied About WMDs To Topple Saddam (alan.com)
- Curveball ‘deserves permanent exile’ (guardian.co.uk)
- ‘Curveball’: I lied about WMD to hasten Iraq war (msnbc.msn.com)
- Iraqi Defector Admits He Lied About WMD in Lead Up to War (hotair.com)
- Iraqi defector ‘Curveball’ admits WMD lies (telegraph.co.uk)
- Iraqi Defector ‘Curveball’ Admits WMD Lies, Is Proud of Tricking U.S. (abcnews.go.com)
- One Man Was 100% Right About Everything Going On In Egypt: Russ Feingold (alan.com)
- Russ Feingold to become professor at Marquette University (thehill.com)
- John McCain Praises Russ Feingold’s Career In The Senate (alan.com)
I just read a great article called “The Dead Chipmunk – An Interrogation Into the Mechanisms of Jokes” by Chris Bachelder in the February issue of The Believer. It is too long to reproduce here… but you should go to THE BELIEVER and read it, especially if you are into the creation of funny stuff.
- Donald Barthelme’s Reading List (themillions.com)
- 20110214-Humor Me (thebloggingpath.com)
- Some notes on “One Sentence Says It All” (thedizzies.blogspot.com)
- A Day In The Life Of A Coder [Humor] (gizmodo.com)
- Potty humor: Google TISP service (beta) (sunbeltblog.blogspot.com)
- Forget Haley Barbour. Spidey has gone white pridey. (charlestoncitypaper.com)
- Haley Barbour Mum On Sons Of Confederate Veterans Proposal For KKK Leader License Plate (huffingtonpost.com)
- Barbour won’t denounce Confederate license plate (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Mississippi Proposes License Plate Honoring Confederate General, KKK Grand Wizard (outsidethebeltway.com)