New GOP Bill Would Allow Hospitals To Let Women Die Instead Of Having An Abortion
It is hard to believe that “Pro-Life” does not include the life of the Mother. Republicans once again show their lack of morality and ethical consideration of living people.
This is part of the article from Talking Points Memo:
Subject: Help protect the right to choose
Republicans in Congress are pushing bills that would severely erode
a woman’s right to choose.
Rep. Carolyn Maloney called one bill “the deepest attack on a woman’s
right to choose in my lifetime.” A second bill would allow hospitals to
turn away a woman seeking an abortion, even if she’ll die without it.
It’s reprehensible. I signed a petition urging Congress to oppose these
attacks on the right to choose. Can you join me at the link below?
- The next anti-woman shiny object: Allowing hospitals to deny abortion care (dailykos.com)
- Anti-Abortion Lawmakers Back Off Crazy Rape Redefinition, Find New Way To Marginalize Women (huffingtonpost.com)
- GOP changes rape language after uproar (politico.com)
- GOP To Drop “Forcible Rape” Language From Abortion Bill (outsidethebeltway.com)
- GOP Blinks on ‘Forcible Rape’ But Bill Still Cuts Deeply at Abortion Rights (mediaite.com)
- Judge Blocks Doctor From Filling Vacancy Left By George Tiller Murder (huffingtonpost.com)
- GOP Removes “Forcible” Rape Provision From Bill, Retain Other Anti-Woman Language (lezgetreal.com)
- Huff Post (americablog.com)
- The poorly-named ‘Protect Life Act’ (washingtonmonthly.com)
Posted on February 4, 2011, in Congress, crime, government, Health Care, Legal, News, Opinion, Word from Bill and tagged Abortion, Joseph R. Pitts, NARAL Pro-Choice America, Pregnancy, Pro-Life, rape, Republican, Talking Points Memo. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on New GOP Bill Would Allow Hospitals To Let Women Die Instead Of Having An Abortion.