Daily Archives: January 29, 2011
Stolen from GottaLaff at The Political Carnival:
With a career that shriveled up after Nixon’s resignation, David Frye was an impressionist who triumphed as the Number 1 impersonation of the then President. I loved watching him. Oh, he did other impersonations… Johnson, Bobby Kennedy and later, as he tried to revive his success, Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford.
In an Esquire interview, Frye defined his approach to Nixon:
“I do Nixon not by copying his real actions but by feeling his attitude, which is that he cannot believe that he really is president.”
Frye died on Monday in Las Vegas of a heart attack.
- David Frye, Perfectly Clear Nixon Parodist, Dies at 77 (nytimes.com)
- Rich Little says today’s celebs are tough to imitate (ctv.ca)
- Released Transcripts Reveal Appalling Bigotry in Nixon White House (prnewswire.com)
It looks like there are no significant leaders in the protesters… nobody that they can build any kind of revolution on. Plus, the protestors are breaking down into two major factions: The Muslim Brotherhood and everyone else.
This from Twitter frpm an hour ago:
@sharifkouddous: Muslim Brotherhood chanting Allah Akbar. Crowd stopped them chanting louder: Muslim, Christian, we’re all Egyptian
Perhaps someone will rise out of the second group… I don’t know, but I’ll keep looking.
- “Muslim Brotherhood Joins in Egypt Protests” and related posts (worldthreats.com)
- Egyptian Internet Goes Down, And Muslim Brotherhood Leaders Arrested Ahead Of Massive Day Of Protest (businessinsider.com)
- “Egypt Arrests Muslim Brotherhood Leadership” and related posts (patdollard.com)
- Egyptian protesters chant ‘Freedom!’ – CNN International (news.google.com)
- Egyptian protesters chant ‘Freedom!’ (cnn.com)