Daily Archives: January 25, 2011
In Case You are Gearing Yourself Up for Michelle Bachmann’s Personal Response to Obama’s State of the Union Message, Maybe you should take a look at her grasp on history…
We started learning about the Civil War and the ending of slavery around the fourth grade or so, and certainly we knew about Lincoln freeing the slaves by the time we entered high school. I thank Anderson Cooper for presenting this astounding look at Bachmann’s understanding of our history on CNN last night:
Are there conservatives out there who still support this dindong for the Presidency? She claims to be a leader of the Tea Party Movement and, frankly, I believe her.
- History Ignorance, By Michele Bachmann (lezgetreal.com)
- Liars Like Michele Bachmann Makes Anderson Cooper Feel So Unsexy (queerty.com)
- Michele Bachmann Rewrites History, Says Founders Fought Tirelessly Against Slavery (towleroad.com)
- Michael B. Keegan: Scalia Teaches First of Bachmann’s Constitutional Mythology Workshops (huffingtonpost.com)
- Michele Bachmann Erroneously Gives Our Founders Credit For Ending Slavery (alan.com)
- Dueling SOTU Responses, Cont’d (washingtonmonthly.com)
- Michelle Bachmann Has Released Her Own Budget (oliverwillis.com)
- Michele Bachmann to deliver Tea Party Express response to SOTU (hotair.com)
Stay away from Archie McPhee…
(I apologize… couldn’t resist.)
- His and Her Tongue Scrapers (laughingsquid.com)
- Bizarre Breath Fresheners – Archie McPhee Flavored Mints will Drive Away Your Date (GALLERY) (trendhunter.com)
- Oozing anatomically correct cake-hearts for Valentine’s Day (boingboing.net)
- Savanna Valentine’s Day Savannagrams (10and5.com)
I should have decided this long ago, and I’m not sure why I didn’t. I tell myself I was concerned with creating things for middle class design workers (my fonts) or hiring young people and giving them health insurance (U-Design, Inc and Hybrid Communications the two companies I owned in the 80s and early 90s) or just promoting good, ethical, Progressive and liberal causes in this blog.
Apparently I was wrong all these years.
So I am now thinking about raising the price of my picture and display fonts (which you can find at UTF Type Foundry or here on this blog where I give away one of these products for any contribution above $5.00) from $29.95 a set to $125,000.00. Then, if I sell the same amount I’m doing now, I’ll be Rich in a very short time and have all the tax breaks and government favors…and be able to hire my own lobbyists… and spend the remaining years of my dwindling life in Conservative Happiness.
Of course, there may be other, even easier ways to get Rich. So many of those on the top scales of our society did it by committing some form of white collar crime… it goes all the way back to Joe Kennedy during the Depression… and I could spend time researching the possibilities now (or what else is the web for?). This solution means I don’t have to go through the e-mail chore of sending fonts and keyboard charts out to buyers, saving me ten or fifteen minutes on each sale. I could sleep longer in the morning!
It’s time for me to walk the dogs and do the dishes, so I’ll have to get back to my exit from the Middle Class later on.
- “Tax the Rich”? (stephenlaw.blogspot.com)
- New website suggests rich give tax cuts to charity (salon.com)
- The Financial Elite In America – Same As Dictators Elsewhere (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
- Are You Rich? (moneyning.com)
- The Poor, The Rich (socyberty.com)
- Blogger Drops New Fonts (webpronews.com)
- Leo W. Gerard: Republican-Hood: Steal from the Workers; Pander to the Rich (huffingtonpost.com)
- Poll: Despite recession, rich still happy (americablog.com)
- On The Growing Disparity Between The Rich And The Super-Rich (businessinsider.com)
- Achieving 2011 Financial Goals (thestreet.com)
Here’s a bit from the HuffPo article this morning: