Daily Archives: January 17, 2011
Is there a calculated Conservative Anti-Semitism starting?
This from Josh Marshall at TPM:
” I say why isn’t Iraq paying us back with oil, and paying every American family and their soldiers that lost loved ones or have injured soldiers — and why didn’t they pay for their own liberation? For the Kuwait oil minister — how short his memory is. You know, we have every right to go in there and frankly take all their oil and make them pay for the liberation.”
– Sean Hannity, Fox News
… and let’s get into another war. Why not use the 5% of House salaries and expenses that Boehner got in?
- Fearing high gas prices, Sean Hannity proposes re-invading Iraq and Kuwait to “take all their oil” (climateprogress.org)
- WATCH: ‘SNL’ Mocks Fox News’ Attempt At ‘Embracing Civility’ (huffingtonpost.com)
“A true revolution of values will lay hand on the world order and say of war, “This way of settling differences is not just… A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”
– Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- 10 Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotations (huffingtonpost.com)
- “Day of Service for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day” and related posts (my.barackobama.com)
- “Martin Luther King Day coming up Monday, January 17” and related posts (personalmoneystore.com)