Does Palin Know What “Blood Libel” Means?
It is even more offensive a term in a public message when we consider that Gabrielle Giffords is Jewish. I certainly wonder what the Half Gov. of Alaska was thinking here… did someone write this speech for her (say Glenn Beck?) or are these her own words?
False Accusations of Blood Libel go back to the Middle Ages, as in this document from the Trial of the Jews of Trent in 1478.
- What is “Blood Libel?” (politicalwire.com)
- Sarah Palin’s Statement On Arizona Tragedy Oddly Uses “Blood Libel” (alan.com)
- Palin charges critics with ‘blood libel’ (politico.com)
- Sarah Palin incorrectly uses term “blood libel” to defend herself (shortformblog.com)
- Jewish Republicans muted on Palin’s ‘blood libel’ comment (thehill.com)
- Why Palin’s ‘Blood Libel’ Speech Was Wrong (thedailybeast.com)
- You: Tea Party figurehead says attacks on her are ‘blood libel’ (guardian.co.uk)
Posted on January 12, 2011, in crime, history, Internet, News, Opinion, Politics, quote, Video, Word from Bill and tagged Arizona, Blood libel, Gabrielle Giffords, Glenn Beck, Jews, Political Wire, Sarah Palin, United States. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.