Saturday Morning and the Senate is In Session…
… and I’m watching to see if Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell is repealed.
A procedural vote is expected by noon. If at least 60 senators vote to advance the bill as expected, the legislation could pass as early as late afternoon. Republicans could demand extended debate time, but early indications were that they may not draw the process out further. We’ll see.
- Multi-Tasking: Senate to Debate START Treaty & Omnibus Spending Bill In Final Year-end Flurry (blogs.abcnews.com)
- Saturday Vote For Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal (lezgetreal.com)
- Will The Clock Run Out On DADT? (andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com)
- Clearing the way for Senate repeal of DADT (washingtonmonthly.com)
- “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” Poised to Become History (cbsnews.com)
- Will the Senate Stay ‘Til Christmas? – The Atlantic (news.google.com)
Posted on December 18, 2010, in Congress, event, history, Legal, Military, News, Opinion, Politics, Press, vote, Word from Bill and tagged Don't Ask Don't Tell, DREAM Act, Party leaders of the United States Senate. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.