No one deserves “Quote of the Day” recognition more than Bernie Sanders:
I watched a lot of the 8 1/2 hours that Bernie lectured the Senate in his epic “filibuster” on the proposed tax cut extension. Here is a really precise quote:
“But it is not just a disastrous trade policy that has brought us where we are today. The immediate cause of this crisis, and it gets me just sick talking about it … is what the crooks on Wall Street have done to the American people.”
– Senator Bernie Sanders (D – Vermont)
Whether his long speech will make a difference we will have to wait and see on Monday when the proposal comes up in the Senate. I hope people have called and emailed their Senators supporting Bernie’s position.
- Bernie Sanders’ epic tax cut filibuster rant (salon.com)
- Sen. Bernie Sanders is my hero (horsesass.org)
- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders Is Filibustering – For Real – Barack Obama’s Tax Capitulation (slog.thestranger.com)
- Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders Begins “Tax Cut Filibuster” (outsidethebeltway.com)
- “Bernie Sanders Filibuster” and related posts (themudflats.net)
Posted on December 11, 2010, in Congress, Economics, event, Finance, history, News, Opinion, Politics, quote, Taxes, Television, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Bernie Sanders, filibuster, Tax cut, Vermont, Wall Street. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.