So here’s what the Right thinks will happen on the extension of Tax Cuts…
“We need to redouble our efforts to resolve this impasse — in the next few days — to give the American people the peace of mind that their taxes will not go up on January 1st,” Obama said. “It will require some compromise, but I’m confident that we can get it done.” The White House is pressing the GOP to allow an extension of unemployment benefits and the tax breaks in the stimulus bill in exchange for an extension of income tax rates. According to the Huffington Post, Obama will allow the cuts to expire if the GOP refuses. On that score, McConnell claimed there’s no impasse.
- Mitch McConnell Foresees Deal On Tax Cuts, Unemployment Benefits (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Republicans, Democrats Indicate Deal Likely on Tax Cuts, Unemployment Benefits (politicsdaily.com)
- Senate’s GOP leader says tax cuts will be extended (charlotte.news14.com)
- Mitch McConnell: Don’t’ Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Won’t Happen This Year, Tax Cuts Will Be Extended (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Senate’s GOP leader says tax cuts will be extended (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- McConnell optimistic on deals with Obama (msnbc.msn.com)
Posted on December 5, 2010, in Congress, Economics, Finance, Interview, News, Opinion, Politics, quote, Taxes and tagged Barack Obama, Democratic Party (United States), Meet The Press, Mitch McConnell, Party leaders of the United States Senate, Presidency of George W. Bush, Republican Party (United States), White House. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.