Quote for the Day – Heard this from our President:
“I will say that the damage that the filibuster I think has done to the workings of our democracy are at this point pretty profound. The rate at which it’s used just to delay and obstruct is unprecedented…
If we do not fix how the filibuster is used in the Senate, then it is going to be very difficult for us over the long term to compete in a very fast moving global environment.”
He also brought this up on Jon Stewart‘s show last night (if you missed it, they rerun it a couple of times a day starting at 10:00 AM on Comedy Central – neat interview). Harry Reid brought this up in his interview with Rachel Maddow as well. Instead of calling it a Filibuster (or referring to it as “needing 60 votes”), I’m going to start calling it the Mitch McConnell Muck.
- President Obama endorses filibuster reform (dailykos.com)
- Laughs in short supply on the Daily Show as Obama gets serious with Jon Stewart (guardian.co.uk)
- Obama Tells Jon Stewart: Summers Did ‘a Heckuva Job’ (blogs.wsj.com)
- “Obama appearance, rally confirm Jon Stewart’s reach” and related posts (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Barack Obama Visits Daily Show, Jon Stewart Calls President “Timid” (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Obama On Daily Show: Change ‘Not Going To Happen Overnight’ (huffingtonpost.com)
Posted on October 28, 2010, in blogs, campaign, Congress, editorial, Internet, Legal, News, Opinion, Politics, President Obama, quote, Television, vote, Warning, Word from Bill and tagged Barack Obama, Comedy Central, Daily Show, filibuster, Harry Reid, Jon Stewart, Rachel Maddow. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.