A Quote for Tea Party Members & The Republicans who are living off of them…
“Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes that you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid.”
– President Dwight D. Eisenhower – November 8, 1954
If Ike were here now, I bet he’d be surprised at the success of the Texas Oil Millionaires and the politicians and businessmen who have suckered so many Americans into today’s mess.
What do you think?
- The Tea Party Will Die If They Become a Party (socyberty.com)
- Testing the limits of grabbing the third rail (washingtonmonthly.com)
- Joe Miller’s Wife Collected Unemployment Benefits: The Hypocrisy Of The Republican Tea Party Knows No Bounds (alan.com)
- Early Morning Swim: Rachel Maddow on the Koch Brothers’ Funding of the Tea Party (firedoglake.com)
- Robert J. Elisberg: Fixing Social Security. Fixing It Real Good. (huffingtonpost.com)
Posted on October 26, 2010, in campaign, Congress, Economics, Education, history, Opinion, Politics, quote, vote, Warning and tagged Democratic, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Labour law, Political party, Republican, Texas, Unemployment benefits, United States. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.