Daily Archives: October 20, 2010
Here’s a piece from HuffPo… Go in and read it all:
- WV-Sen: Rush endorses Raese for being from Florida, wanting to nuke minimum wage (dailykos.com)
- Which Is The Party Of The Elites, Again? (alan.com)
- Sarah Palin Endorses Senate Candidate in Wrong State [Oops] (gawker.com)
- Where’s he from? Palin botches tweet touting Raese (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Palin Endorses Raese In Pennsylvania – But He’s From West Virginia (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Republican Candidate John Raese’s Wife Can’t Vote For Him: Purged From WV Voter Rolls As A Registered FL Voter (crooksandliars.com)
“Good morning, Anita Hill, it’s Ginni Thomas. I just wanted to reach across the airwaves and the years and ask you to consider something. I would love you to consider an apology sometime and some full explanation of why you did what you did with my husband. So give it some thought and certainly pray about this and come to understand why you did what you did. Okay have a good day.”
This was, needless to say, out of the blue and a couple of decades after Hill’s testimony at Thomas’ confirmation hearing ( remember?… Hill said Thomas “repeatedly made inappropriate sexual comments in the workplace and described several in lurid detail.”) Thomas had then called Hill’s accusations a “high-tech lynching, but they were never disproved.
So why did Ginny Thomas (who makes a living as a far-right lobbyist for Liberty Central, attacking Obama and his administration as a leftist tyranny) drop this message? Well… the FBI wants to know.
More coming, you can be sure.
- Ginni Thomas vs. Anita Hill- The Height of Chutzpah! (lezgetreal.com)
- Clarence Thomas’ Wife Calls Anita Hill for an Apology [Uh] (gawker.com)
- Anita Hill: No apology coming for Thomas testimony (cnn.com)
- FBI Contacted After Clarence Thomas’ Wife Ginny Calls Anita Hill Asking For An Apology (mediaite.com)
- Justice Thomas’s Wife Asks Anita Hill for an Apology (volokh.com)
- Quote For The Day II (andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com)
The Top Three TeaBaggers (those who are getting the most press coverage… primarily because of their utter outrageousness as they campaign) are in the following three videos. If you are in their voting districts and this doesn’t make you realize what schmucks they are, then I have no more hope for intelligent politics.
– and –
– and –
Joe Miller’s Security Firm “Drop Zone”:
I could have put in a Rand Paul video, but I’ll give you a neat cartoon by Joel Pett instead:
This isn’t an election as much as it is a draining of intelligence from the population.
- PA-Sen: Armey: Toomey’s 2004 bid gave birth to tea party (dailykos.com)
- Tea Party candidates getting massive cash infusion from small donors (hotair.com)
- A Wild and Crazy Sprint to Election Day (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Michael Bennet Campaign Pitch: Ken Buck Is Sharron Angle’s ‘Soul Mate’ (politicsdaily.com)
At 2 weeks until the election on November 2nd we are entering into the time of filthy tactics… and, as it seems, the filthiest of the tacticians are Republicans disguised as Tea Party people or Republicans hidden by Supreme Court supported corporate anonymity.
In Nevada we have a right-wing Hispanic “front” group running commercials to persuade Latinos not to vote as a method of telling politicians that they won’t be used anymore… an obvious play to withhold votes for Harry Reid and get Sharron Angle, the Tea Party lunatic, into office. As of this past afternoon, Univision, the great Hispanic television network has refused to run these ads… and Lawrence O’Donnell on MSNBC pinned Mr, Posado, the creator of the ads, to the wall…exposing him as a Republican front.
The Delaware debate yesterday morning had Christine O’Donnell revealing how little she knew about the Constitution when she made it clear she knew nothing about the separation of Church and State in the First Amendment, something Chris Coons explained for her. And she kept coming back with the same comment. Listening to people laugh at her, the facial expression she gave out was indicative that she thought she had smashed Coons. This is a brainless woman… scary to think of her in office.
Sarah Palin is Tea Party Busing around the country making more comments revealing her lack of knowledge of who is running where confusing West Virginia candidates with Pennsylvania candidates.
I think Saturday Night Live is wonderful… once a week. It’s when real life becomes SNL 24 hours a day that I wish it all would go away. Yet my big fear is that after the election we will be living in an unrecognizeable country run by Glenn Beck and spending most of its time trying to repeal the 14th Amendment.
- Univision Rejects Ad Telling Latinos Not to Vote (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Sharron Angle to Hispanic students: ‘You look Asian to me’ (capitolhillblue.com)
- Hispanics defy ad to shun elections (washingtontimes.com)
- GOP Vote Suppression Plot Vs. Latinos In Nevada Is Thwarted (oliverwillis.com)
- Univision Refuses to Air Ad Urging Hispanics Not to Vote (politicsdaily.com)
- Sleaze: GOP Operative’s Deceptive TV Ad Implores NV Latinos ‘Don’t Vote!’ (bradblog.com)
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR | Rossi Has Close Ties to BIAW (kitsapsun.com)
- Cahill Alleges Dirty Tricks in Lawsuit (politicalwire.com)