Daily Archives: September 25, 2010
Here in the light booth again on the second night of Thurber Carnival and we’re in the middle of the Grant at Appomattox scene. This gives me a few minutes to start an entry here.
My dear friend Linda Bartash called this afternoon to say she was buying a new car and would have to get rid of one of the other two she has left. One is close to 20 years old, one is ten years old, both are in good condition (Linda takes care of her cars) and Bluebook Values on each are under $2000.00 bucks. The older one has 220,000 miles on it (Subaru), the other has 90,000. I’m also on line for 2 other cars around here. I don’t know how long it will take to get everything finalized, but I could have transportation back soon at a reasonable price.
— we’ve changed scenes… now in the Macbeth Murder Mystery —
I’m really tired tonite… didn’t get much of a nap in this afternoon which I try to do to keep up with the evening schedule. At least on Sunday I can sleep as late as I want in the morning. We do, however, have a Matinee tomorrow and I have to be at the Theater by 1:30. I’ll have to see what time John can give me a ride in.
— now it is Gentlemen Shoppers… this scene lasts at least 5 minutes —
At intermission I’ll call home to see if my wife has gotten back in for the evening. With luck, the dogs will get their late walk before I get home.
- Subaru prices 2011 Forester with new 2.5-liter boxer (autoblog.com)
- Judge orders lesbian reinstated to Air Force (msnbc.msn.com)
- Judge rules DADT discharge of Major Margaret Witt unconstitutional – she must be reinstated (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Judge orders lesbian reinstated to Air Force (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
MAHER: Evolution is a myth? Have you ever looked at a monkey?
O’DONNELL: Well then, why they — why aren’t monkeys still evolving into humans?
- Christine O’Donnell: ‘Evolution Is A Myth. Why Aren’t Monkeys Still Evolving Into Humans?’ (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Christine O’Donnell asks: ‘Why aren’t monkeys still evolving into humans?’ (americablog.com)
- Watch: Christine O’Donnell Debunks Evolution (towleroad.com)
…here he is before the House Immigration and Agriculture Subcommittee:
So now there is a debate as to whether this was effective or merely entertaining. It sure got a lot of people looking at the migrant fieldworker situation.
Watching CNN this morning, the opinion of the newsman was that this was a bad move by Zoe Lofgren, the subcommittee chair who invited Colbert to appear.
And, of course, Fox News has weighed in with this statement:
His “testimony’ was an embarrassment to himself, his country, the Congress and the entire issue of immigration reform. It amounted to nothing more than a bad comedic monologue.
My opinion, of course, is that Colbert was right on and Congress was a little more interesting to watch yesterday… and the point was made.
- Stephen Colbert to Testify Before House Committee on Immigration (politicsdaily.com)