Daily Archives: September 12, 2010
- Bye-Bye Senator McCain! (politics.ie)
- How Meghan McCain And The Media Teamed Up to Sell Her New Book (queerty.com)
Here’s part of the article in OpEdNews today… go in and read the whole thing before you make your own decision:
- Tom Hayden: Marijuana Initiative Challenges Costly, Bloody Drug War (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Decriminalization of Marijuana (socyberty.com)
- You: Calif. to vote on legalizing marijuana (washingtonpost.com)
- California’s Prop. 19. Aye, of course (dailykos.com)
It has been dry here for so long…what a relief to have a day when I don’t have to force water the garden. The thunder started booming at Midnight last night… my smaller dog Byron is afraid of thunder, so he followed at my heels as I went around the house closing windows on the rain-in side.
Checking the weather on line, it’s supposed to rain again today. The grass may turn green again from the dead brown it has become. We have had only about half the rainfall this year as we had last year, and last year was less than the year before. The climate change is affecting us here in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia as it is all over the country… and it’s not good. We have water now to regularly water gardens and wash cars, etc. What will happen if that water disappears?
I read the other day that by 2055, assuming everything continues as it is now going and we don’t take on any worldwide steps to stop or reverse the change, our water will be highly limited and what we have left will be too polluted to drink or use for farming. Time is working against us. I don’t imagine I’ll be around in 2055, but my son probably will… and my grandchildren, who are entering into a new world that I am, at this point, happy to avoid. Why can’t we convince the world that change has to be made now?
- Drought Continues: Thunderstorms Offer Little Help (grandcruclasses.com)
- Thunderstorms slow morning (mysanantonio.com)
It’s important to identify real enemies…
– and –
It’s important to hang on to your past…
– and –
Bruce Plante in the Tulsa World
It’s important to help others…
– and –
- anti-Tea Party cartoon reveals ignorance (redstate.com)
- Lessons of 9/11: ‘Fear of Islamophobia inhibits discussion’ (fullcomment.nationalpost.com)
- Obama: Quran burning ‘a recruitment bonanza’ for al Qaeda (crooksandliars.com)