Daily Archives: September 8, 2010
Latest weekly update shows more competitive contest
Are things looking up for the Dems? It’s been so dismal in the polls lately. But this new Gallup that they put out lately shows a small, but interesting change. While there is still a factor of Republicans being more excited about getting out and voting than Democrats, this could be enough of a change to cut down on the takeover of Congress by the Right.
- Gallup Poll: Republicans Democrats Now tied 46% in Generic Congress Ballot (themoderatevoice.com)
- Dems close gap to tie GOP in Gallup’s generic ballot poll (thehill.com)
- Parties Tied in Generic Ballot (politicalwire.com)
- Colbert fans call for a ‘restoring truthiness’ rally (seattlepi.com)
- Restoring Truthiness Rally Gaining Momentum, Support; Would You Attend? (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Internet Petitions Stephen Colbert To Hold ‘Restoring Truthiness’ Rally At Lincoln Memorial (huffingtonpost.com)
I’m sitting over at my daughter Penny’s house where my wife dropped me after I left my car at Brown’s Car Repair to find out why it is overheating. Very shortly we have to leave to go and get the first of three Aphasia test appointments that my Doctor arranged yesterday.
I’m expecting just about everything to go wrong today… my car will need days to repair and will be very expensive, the medical tests will show that I am slipping into a mental breakdown state (where I probably won’t be able to drive the now expensive car anyway), and my life will go dribbling down the drain.
Or it could work out alright.
What are the odds?
1. Car is going to cost around $1200.00 and needs a new radiator, thermostat and a couple of other parts that Browns won’t have until tomorrow. That’s pretty depressing (Hello debt!)
Penny drove me home and I start thinking about the dismal Fall that is beginning.