Daily Archives: August 31, 2010
Why am I supporting Virginia Lynch Graf for United States House of Representatives in the 2nd district, WV, during this upcoming fall election?
• Virginia Lynch Graf is a person of integrity; she takes no money from special interest groups.
• A life-long educator, she supports job creation, job retraining, and quality education – integral to economic success.
• Graf supports green energy, carbon capture from coal, protection of our waters.
• Graf will work to make tourism our # 1 effort for economic recovery throughout the 2nd district.
• Graf opposes mountain top removal and strip mining which are destroying our beautiful state.
And of course, I am SO ready to send Ms Capito, who was a complete flunky for Bush for the entire 8 years, HOME.
Best wishes — and Commit to Vote on November 2!
My thanks to John Case (for whom I’ll be subbing on WSHC FM on Friday Morning and Monday – Labor Day – Morning. Please tune in) for sending out this message.
An appropriate quote on You Tube where I found this revealing video of interviews on the Mall:
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
– Sinclair Lewis
“Guns are stupid. Duct tape is smart.”
– Michael Westen of Burn Notice
“The Republican leads of 6, 7, and 10 points this month are all higher than any previous midterm Republican advantage in Gallup’s history of tracking the generic ballot, which dates to 1942. Prior to this year, the highest such gap was five points, measured in June 2002 and July 1994. Elections in both of these years resulted in significant Republican gains in House seats.”
“Democrats have argued that there’s still a lot of time before voters head to the polls in November, and they say that further public discussion of what they’ve accomplished since President Obama was inaugurated will close the gap for the Democrats by Election Day. But Republicans say that it’s what the Democrats haven’t accomplished — namely, putting a big dent in the nation’s unemployment numbers — that will tilt things heavily in the GOP’s favor when all is said and done this year.”