This is a followup to the Penn Jillette commentary I posted last week commenting on the problems with Obama‘s marijuana policy. This piece is from Online Paralegal Programs and has relevant statistical information:
So… this would save us public funds, help the economy, keep medical needs filled and would allow us to grow hemp for fabrics and other products, as this country used to do.
- ‘It’s Not A God Damn Joke!’: Penn Jillette Destroys ‘Beyond Hypocritical’ Obama Over Marijuana Laws (mediaite.com)
- Penn Jillette: Obama is a Hypocrite on Marijuana. Let the People Go! (bigthink.com)
- Marijuana Is Not A Joke (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Jillette: If Obama Were Arrested Under His Laws, He’d Be In Prison (huffingtonpost.com)
Take a look:
Penn, of course, is NOT a drug user and I admire his position (I also like his glasses, which are Superfocus like mine).
From top left: Mark Twain, Adam Savage, Jamie Hyneman, Keira Knightley, Stephen Hawking, Bill Maher, John Lennon, Ricky Gervais, Julianne Moore, Keanu Reeves, Bill Shatner, Johnny Depp, Janeane Garofalo, James Cameron, Billy Joel, Jack Nicholson, John Malkovich, Dame Helen Mirren, Sir Richard Branson, Sir Ian McKellan, Albert Einstein, Brad Pitt, Daniel Radcliffe, Jodie Foster, Hugh Laurie, Lance Armstrong, George Carlin, Morgan Freeman, Fred Armisen, Angelina Jolie, Gene Wilder, Penn Jillette, Teller, Dylan Moran, Patton Oswalt, Seth Green, Norm MacDonald, Eddie Izzard, Cillian Murphy, Jeremy Clarkson, and George Clooney.
Hey… they left me out. Not famous enough?
I’m now in the sixth week of waiting for my Superfocus glasses to be delivered… and the estimated delivery date is May 18th.
That’s right… it takes these guys 12 weeks to make a pair of these amazing, adjustable glasses.
I am so looking forward to getting rid of these bifocals and being able to focus at any distance with just a flick of a finger… however, the wait is almost unbearable.
I originally got interested in these when I saw a couple of TV ads with Penn Jillette and Joel Grey , then the ads started popping up all over the web… so I went to their site (www.superfocus.com) and got more information about them.
To start with, they are NOT CHEAP. Starting at around $600.00, by the time you get the extras, like scratch proof lenses (or shades) and different length and color of temples, you are easily up to $700.00 or $800.00. So I weighed the costs of getting either bifocals, or separate reading glasses and distance glasses, and the fact that these will function longer without prescription changes… and that they would just be easier to adapt to my aging eyes. Then I decided to order them. I went to my optometrist to get an eye exam and a prescription for the glasses (you have to get a little more than the usual amount of info because each pair is sized to the particular distance between your eyes only) and I called in my order.
Now I wait.
And I wait.
- Autofocusing Spectacles – NASA Provides the Superfocus Glasses to Aging Astronauts (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Better Space Vision: ‘Older’ Astronauts Test Superfocus Glasses (space.com)
- Hocus Focus: Superfocus Glasses Are OpthaMagic for Muggles (wired.com)
- Aging eyes in space no longer a problem (cbsnews.com)
- NASA Certifies First Adjustable Glasses (pcworld.com)
- High Tech Glasses for Aging Astronauts (neatorama.com)