Picked this off the Daily Kos. Listening to Mitt’s actual words over the cartoon is a gas:
- Ann Romney: If Mitt Seems Too Stiff – Wait Til We Unzip Him! (crooksandliars.com)
- Morning Joe Hosts Break Down Over Idea Of ‘Unzipping’ Mitt Romney (mediaite.com)
- Mitt Romney Suffers Tragic Humor-Circuit Malfunction [Mitt Romney] (jezebel.com)
- Jon Stewart Surveys the GOP’s Palpable Reluctance Over Romney: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Humorous anecdote: Mitt Romney mocked John Kerry for being rich (dailykos.com)
- Oops he’s done it again, Mitt Romney tells ‘humorous’ story of factory closing (lameducks.wordpress.com)
- Romney Tells “Humorous” Story About His Father Shutting Down A Factory In Michigan (alan.com)
“Rick Santorum was a sitting senator who in re-election lost by 19 points, to my knowledge the most in the history of this country for a sitting senator to lose by 19 points. It’s unheard of. Then he goes out and says oh ‘okay’ I just lost by the biggest margin in history and now I’m going to run for president. Tell me, how does that work? … That’s like me saying I just failed a test. Now I’m going to apply for admission to the Wharton School of Finance. Okay? He just failed a test…. And now he’s going to run for president. So, I don’t get Rick Santorum. I don’t get that whole thing.”
Looks like The Donald’s political expertise is somewhat questionable. Do you think Mitt won Nevada for some other reason than Trump’s endorsement?
- Donald Trump Takes Credit for Romney’s Win in Nevada (slog.thestranger.com)
- Donald Trump cites bad hair for Mitt Romney’s Nevada win (dailykos.com)
- Trump: I’m The Reason Romney Won Nevada (businessinsider.com)
- Only In America: Piers Morgan on the power of a Donald Trump endorsement (piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com)
- Bachmann: I Was Perfect Candidate (newser.com)
- The mysteries of Donald Trump’s endorsement | Ana Marie Cox (guardian.co.uk)
- Does it matter whom Donald Trump endorses? (csmonitor.com)
Originally posted on Whatever Works:
The Mormon Church has always opposed gambling in every form, including government-sponsored lotteries.
Mormon prophets and leaders have counseled the members over time, to avoid gambling of any type. Doing so, leads one away from righteousness and into the hands of Satan. The Mormon belief is that it is an addictive behavior and leads only to destructive habits and practices. It undermines the value of work and motivates one to think that they can get something for nothing. In time, the gambler will deny themselves, as well as their family the basic needs of life. They will oft times steal from others to finance their addiction, which in turn leads to stealing, robbery, etc.
David Horsey in the L A Times:
Makes me yearn for baseball season…
- and -
Self promotion has it’s dangers…
- and -
Kevin Siers in the Charlotte Observer:
When you get swallowed whole, it’s time to reconsider…
- and -
Jeff Stahler at Sunshine State News:
…and a divided party?
- Greenberg cartoon included among 2011’s best (laobserved.com)
- Ky. plant to be featured in Toyota Super Bowl ad (mysanantonio.com)
“The Truth is the New Lie.”
What is Truth? What is a Lie? We have been listening to Mitt and Newt go after each other, accusing each other of lying with statements that are obviously true. The assumption is that the voters will believe anything they say.
The upsetting thing is that so many of them will.