“The proposals the president outlined tonight merit consideration. We hope he gives serious consideration to our ideas as well. It’s my hope that we can work together to end the uncertainty facing families and small businesses, and create a better environment for long-term economic growth and private-sector job creation.”
Gee…in the speech I listened to, Obama consistently brought up ideas and proposals in his plan that originated with Republicans. This is consideration in my opinion. What Boehner and his gang consider about the President’s plan remains to be seen.
Of course, he sat there making unpleasant faces… didn’t smile once… during the speech. It was revealing to see the great orange face behind Obama during the whole speech.
How much do you want to bet that the only consideration they give Obama is on more tax cuts? That’s it.
- Boehner encourages all members to attend Obama’s speech (thehill.com)
- Boehner: Obama’s proposals ‘merit consideration’ (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Obama plan merits consideration: Boehner (huffingtonpost.com)
- Boehner says President Obama’s jobs proposals ‘merit consideration’ (dailykos.com)
- Obama Calls For $447B Jobs Package (businesslawdaily.net)
- Obama’s Jobs Plan Puts New Pressure on Supercommittee (blogs.wsj.com)
- Boehner: We’ll waive the Republican response to Obama’s jobs speech (hotair.com)