Category Archives: sex
What on earth is happening when an American who has been trusted as much as General Petraeus has his little love affair exposed (which doesn’t seem to have effected his CIA leadership at all) and feels the need to resign?
This article is from Truthdig… I’m putting it all here:
How the David Petraeus-Paula Broadwell Affair Was Uncovered
AP/Cliff Owen Former CIA Director David Petraeus.
Modern technology apparently cost ex-CIA Director David Petraeus his job. The retired general’s affair with his biographer Paula Broadwell was discovered by the FBI while it was investigating harassing emails she sent to Jill Kelley, a 37-year-old woman who serves as an unpaid social liaison to MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Fla. A former associate of Petraeus says he and Kelley are just friends.
After news of the FBI investigation that uncovered the affair, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper stepped in and asked Petraeus to resign.
Clapper was told by the Justice Department of the Petraeus investigation at about 5 p.m. on Election Day, and then called Petraeus and urged him to resign, according to a senior U.S. intelligence official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the investigation publicly.
…Concerned that the emails he exchanged with Broadwell raised the possibility of a security breach, the FBI brought the matter up with Petraeus directly, according to the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to publicly discuss the investigation.
Petraeus decided to quit, though he was breaking no laws by having an affair, officials said.
In the wake of Petraeus’ resignation, members of Congress are asking for more information about the investigation, including why they weren’t alerted sooner and whether the probe had any impact on national security.
Now here are my thoughts. Given the world situation, why in hell are we letting a man with this amount of military and foreign policy and management experience leave this job over a little penis stimulation? You can’t tell me that the Congressfolk who would sit over his situation if he hadn’t resigned haven’t been involved in the same kind of stuff.
If I were Obama, I would have, at least temporarily, refused Petraeus’ resignation and let him go ahead with his testimony about Libya (which he should do anyway, whether he has resigned or not.)
If we really let him go we are more stupid than I already think.
- Congress wants answers on Petraeus affair (cnsnews.com)
- Woman connected to Petraeus scandal seeks privacy (cnsnews.com)
- Friend: Petraeus began affair after taking CIA job – Boston.com (boston.com)
- Info emerges about 2nd woman in David Petraeus affair (bostonherald.com)
- Identity of second woman emerges in Petraeus’ downfall (sfluxe.com)
- Woman who sparked Petraeus probe ID’d by U.S. army official (cbc.ca)
- L’affaire Petraeus: second woman identified, and Gmail location data outed Broadwell and Petraeus (boingboing.net)
- David Petraeus Resigns From The CIA Over An Affair. (stirringtrouble.wordpress.com)
…the one blog I try to view every day. This is a video that Lisa put together Called “Back in the Good Old Days” which is a good indicator that Romney will bring Bushiness back to us.
Hope you enjoy it. I sure did!
This morning’s NY Times had this article which I found both disgusting and horrifying. After talking about the anti-woman proclivities of Republican candidates today, seeing what attitudes against women can turn into can be mortifying. If you can’t stomach anything as bad as the title suggests, avoid reading it now.
Officer Held in Plot to Cook Women and Eat Them
The police officer referred to the woman as Victim-1, recording details like her date of birth, height, weight and bra size. He made note of certain materials, like chloroform and rope.
In one of the most disturbing and unusual arrests involving a police officer, agents with the Federal Bureau of Investigation took Officer Valle into custody on Wednesday after they uncovered several plots to kidnap, rape, cook and eat women.
“I was thinking of tying her body onto some kind of apparatus,” he wrote to a co-conspirator in one electronic communication intercepted by law enforcement authorities. “Cook her over a low heat, keep her alive as long as possible.”
When the co-conspirator asked how big the officer’s oven was, Officer Valle replied, “Big enough to fit one of these girls if I folded their legs.”
Two law enforcement officials familiar with the inquiry said the officer’s estranged wife recently contacted the F.B.I. to report that Officer Valle, 28, viewed and kept disturbing items on his computer. The couple has a daughter, age 1.
The criminal complaint suggests that Officer Valle, who worked in the 26th Precinct in Manhattan and lives in Forest Hills, Queens, never followed through on any of the acts he is accused of discussing.
His lawyer, Julia L. Gatto, said the officer committed no crime. “At worst, this is someone who has sexual fantasies,” Ms. Gatto said at a hearing on Thursday in Federal District Court in Manhattan.
“There is no actual crossing the line from fantasy to reality,” she added.
But a federal prosecutor, Hadassa Waxman, said Mr. Valle had communicated with three co-conspirators about his plans to commit a crime, and at one point used a police car while dressed in uniform to conduct surveillance of a woman, approaching her in “an intimidating fashion.”
Magistrate Judge Henry B. Pitman ordered Officer Valle to be held without bail on charges of federal kidnapping conspiracy.
The evidence consists largely of e-mails and instant messages in which Officer Valle was “discussing plans to kidnap, rape, torture, kill, cook and eat body parts of a number of women,” according to the complaint, which describes two episodes in which Officer Valle discussed abducting women. In each case, it appears that the women knew the officer vaguely. And in at least one case, the officer used the National Crime Information Center to get information about a third woman.
In a search of the officer’s computer, federal investigators discovered “files pertaining to at least 100 women,” according to the complaint. Some of them were his classmates from high school, a law enforcement official said.
“The F.B.I. has identified and interviewed 10 of these women, each of whom has confirmed to the F.B.I. that Valle is known to her,” the complaint said.
A law enforcement official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said investigators feared that Officer Valle might soon carry out one of his plots.
In February, Officer Valle offered to kidnap a woman on an unnamed person’s behalf for a price: “$5,000 and she is all yours,” the officer wrote to that person, according to the complaint.
Officer Valle appeared to be under the impression that the person he was communicating with intended to rape the woman, according to the complaint.
“She will be alive,” he wrote. “I think I would rather not get involved in the rape. You paid for her. She is all yours, and I don’t want to be tempted the next time I abduct a girl.”
While the complaint does not identify the woman in question, F.B.I. agents later learned that cellphone tracking devices indicated that Officer Valle had made or received calls on the block in Manhattan where the woman lived.
On July 19, Officer Valle sent an instant message to the co-conspirator, indicating that he was meeting with Victim-1 three days later, according to the complaint. The victim, who was interviewed in October by the F.B.I., said she had met the officer that day “at a restaurant for lunch,” according to the complaint. What happened during or after the lunch was not disclosed.
A dating profile, which a law enforcement official confirmed belonged to Officer Valle, suggested an engaging and gregarious young man. He wrote that he had attended Archbishop Molloy High School in Queens and the University of Maryland, College Park. (At the court hearing on Thursday, the officer wore a red T-shirt affiliated with the university.)
“I can find the humor in any situation,” he had written, adding that he had “an endless supply of hilarious short stories from work that can’t be made up.”
- Officer plotted to kidnap women and cook them (ndtv.com)
- NYPD Officer Allegedly Intended To Rape, Cook and Eat Women (dreamindemon.com)
- New York Police Officer Arrested For Plotting To Eat Women (fox2now.com)
- NYPD Cop Allegedly Planned To Kidnap Women For Cannibalism And/Or Other Rapists (thegloss.com)
- The Strange Case of N.Y.P.D. Officer Gilberto Valle, Alleged Wannabe Cannibal (observer.com)
- NYC Cop Allegedly Plotted to Cook and Eat Women. Really. (jezebel.com)
- Prosecutors: NYPD officer conspired to kidnap, cook, eat women (cnn.com)
- Conspiracy to cannibalize women? (wptv.com)
Have you seen some of the Halloween costumes, both for kids and adults, that are popping up on the web looking for buyers to turn on? I’m finding them amazing…what was always, to me, a kids’ holiday with a spooky, witches and ghosts attitude seems to be changing radically.
The first costume I saw that made me look for more was this kid’s costume:
Then again, there are adult costumes that are making me wonder what folks are looking to communicate.
Perhaps there are too many things in our society that aren’t getting enough attention… or the conservative attack on a woman’s right to choose has results that appear unnatural.
I’m not about to think of Halloween as an obnoxious holiday… it never has been during my life.
Can you picture moms and dads in the costume shop with junior shopping for this year’s appearance. And then there are girl’s costumes, too. A used feminine napkin is something I would never have imagined as something to walk the neighborhood looking for candy as.
When you think of it, there are many similar things which could be turned into Halloween costumes and some designer somewhere is having an emotional roller coaster ride.
How we see members of the opposite sex is something that expresses an unusual opinion. Men are, perhaps, looking for ways to make a statement as to how he sees the woman in his life. A joke? An insult? A confused thought? Who can tell?
Then, of course, there are costumes looking for some kind of action. Does it make you wonder what occurs during the free mammogram? One can guess.
There is, however, a view of the man/woman relationship as a plug-in idea… and energy will probably be passed on. This is pretty neat, but still highly suggestive.
So… I hope at the end of the month you have an interesting and revealing Halloween.
- Top 10 Trending Social Media Halloween Costumes for 2012 Announced (prweb.com)
- Halloween and the rise of sexy costumes for women and girls (rebeccahains.wordpress.com)
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Scandalous but Boring Halloween Costume (celebs.gather.com)
- Halloween Costumes Are Sexist (ninjaloungehouse.wordpress.com)
One in three busy Brits believe it’s acceptable to answer a mobile phone call during sex, it has been revealed.
Read the whole article HERE.
- Dosh Express Announce How to Make Money from Old Mobile Phones (prweb.com)
- Dave Barry: I did my part to help lighten worker’s load (miamiherald.com)
- Study Shows 66% Of People Suffer From Nomophobia (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)
- Smartphones To Become Largest Segment Of Mobile Phone Market In 2013 – HIS (misco.co.uk)
- The Complete Mobile Music Experience (mycricket.com)
- MI5 agent Dr. Barrie Trower: dangerous radiation everywhere (msarroub.wordpress.com)
It was said that she had the most recognizable female voice in the country. She was the “weather girl” on the long-running NBC radio show “Monitor” in the late 1950s and early ’60s. Tedi Thurman came on and in soft, sexy tones she lured us into rapture with “Cleveland, 34, snow; Boston, 41, cloudy; Phoenix, 62, fair; New York City, 43, sunny; Paris, 38, cloudy.”
She always led her weather report with Atlanta because Georgia was her home state, according to Dennis Hart, author of “Monitor: The Last Great Radio Show” (2002). Monitor was created by Pat Weaver (father of Sigourney Weaver), then president of NBC, in 1955. I remember it well. It filled my weekends from 8 a.m Saturdays until midnight on Sundays.
Ms. Thurman, who died on Monday at 89, made the forecasts “sound like an irresistible invitation to an unforgettable evening,” according to Jack Gould in The New York Times right after the show’s premiere.
Monitor became a hit with hosts like Dave Garroway, Hugh Downs, Frank Blair, Gene Rayburn, Henry Morgan and Bill Cullen, and offeried an array of news, sports, comedy, variety, music and live remote pickups from around the nation and the world. For the first six of the show’s 20 years, Ms. Thurman was featured as the so-called Miss Monitor, updating the weather hour after hour.
Decades after she’d left the show, people at parties and gatherings would still ask her to do the weather in the sexy Miss Monitor voice.
Women should control their own health care, have access to contraceptives and safe abortions. Here is a nice animation from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation:
So when the Republicans want to step in and control women’s personal health and contraceptive solutions, show them this.
Ryan is a leader in the War On Women!
- Paul Ryan’s Hypocritical Attack on Barack Obama (bloomberg.com)
- Paul Ryan Is the Newest New Nixon, a Moocher Belied (esquire.com)
- Paul Ryan Is a Climate Change Denialist (slate.com)
- Paul Ryan Is A Remarkably Smooth Liar (rawstory.com)
Hey there folks… ever wonder how the Akins and Ryans and Tom Smiths come to their considered conclusions on rape and incest and the general needs of women?
Why, they have precise technical information like this:
Of course, the statements of “experts” are much appreciated.
My thanks to Rosie Fenton at pic.twitter.com/sReVt96H.
- A Simple Anatomy Lesson (cheezburger.com)
- Why it’s so important for rape to be ‘legitimate’ (dailykos.com)
- Todd Akin : Female Anatomy (madhatters.me.uk)
- Female Democrats fire back at Rep. Akin over ‘legitimate rape’ remark (thehill.com)
- Pennsylvania Senate candidate Tom Smith: Sex out of wedlock ‘similar to’ rape (dailykos.com)
- Michael B. Keegan: Why Is Mitt Romney Outraged at Todd Akin and Not at Paul Ryan? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Republican Senate Nominee Explains That Women Don’t Really Get Pregnant From ‘Legitimate Rape’ [Video] (gawker.com)
SMITH: I lived something similar to that with my own family. She chose life, and I commend her for that. She knew my views. But, fortunately for me, I didn’t have to.. she chose the way I thought. No don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t rape.
SCOLFORO: Similar how?
SMITH: Uh, having a baby out of wedlock.
SCOLFORO: That’s similar to rape?
SMITH: No, no, no, but… put yourself in a father’s situation, yes. It is similar. But, back to the original, I’m pro-life, period.
Perhaps Republicans have no real idea what Rape is… a violent and immoral crime. For the state to have control of a woman’s decisions related to the use of her body is equally as violent, whether psychologically or physically, and just as criminally immoral.
At least we know now that birth out of wedlock is “similar” to rape.
I hope you Pennsylvania folks keep a very good Senator that you are lucky to have… Bob Casey.
(Special thanks to Wonkette for the transcript.)
- Pennsylvania Senate Candidate: Out Of Wedlock Pregnancy “Similar” To Rape (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Paul Ryan: Rape Just Another Method Of Conception (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Don\’t Worry, You Won\’t Get Pregnant From Rape (formingthethread.wordpress.com)
- Todd Akin’s Immoral Ethics About Women (bigthink.com)
- Ryan on abortion exceptions: Rape is just another ‘method of conception’ (rawstory.com)
- Do You Get It? (talkingpointsmemo.com)
Did you know rape is just another method of conception? That’s what Ryan said in a live, television interview:
- Paul Ryan: Rape Just Another Method Of Conception (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Ryan on abortion exceptions: Rape is just another ‘method of conception’ (rawstory.com)
- In Exclusive Interview, Paul Ryan Distances Self From Todd Akin (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)
- Reps. Todd Akin And Paul Ryan Co-Sponsored Bill Using Term “Forcible Rape” (alan.com)
- Paul Ryan still believes in forcing rape victims to bear rapists’ children (secularnewsdaily.com)
- Paul Ryan To The Right Of Todd Akin On Abortion (alan.com)
Lee Judge in the Kansas City Star:
Republican Convention is waiting for women…
- and -
Kevin Siers in the Charlotte Observer:
Of course, the strategy is to attack Obama‘s speeches…
- and -
It’s a good thing women can turn off pregnancy when raped (thanks, Todd Akin)…
- and -
Rob Rogers in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette:
Of course, war is always an issue at conventions…
- and -
Mike Luckovich in the Atlanta Journal Constitution:
…and when they get elected they will start REGULATING.
- Parker: Todd Akin’s words about rape aren’t the problem (newsday.com)
- Editorial: Rep. Todd Akin’s notions of rape and conception are idiotic (newsday.com)
- Cartoonists React to Todd “Legitimate Rape” Akin Controversy (themoderatevoice.com)
- Todd Akin’s Apology Website Removes Fetus Photo, Has Spelling Calamity (usnews.com)
- Watch: Inside the Mormon Church (abcnews.go.com)
This frightening piece from Cafe Mom. Why stories like this are popping up more frequently leads me to suspect religion even more…
This story almost sounds like a parody, like some twisted SNL skit, but unfortunately, it’s real. Around midnight last Sunday, some people were out in their yard, wrapping up a barbecue, when a 12-year-old boy came barrelling down the street, begging for help, saying that a man was chasing him. A few moments later, a man did, in fact, appear in his maroon underwear, no less, trying to get the boy to come back with him. Heather Rodriguez and her brother-in-law knew better than to hand over a scared, shaking boy to a suspicious man in his underwear, and decided to get the cops involved. It’s a good thing they did, too, because the “suspicious man” who was chasing the boy was a priest who had just allegedly sexually abused the pre-teen on an air mattress in his house.
- Near-naked priest chases 12-year-old boy (freethinker.co.uk)
- Priest in his underwear chased 12-year-old boy down neighborhood streets after the boy ran from abuse (dvorak.org)
- Speedo Wearing Priest Seen Chasing Boy Down Street After Alleged Molestation (dreamindemon.com)
- OREGON: Catholic Priest In His Underwear Chases Boy Down Street After Abuse (joemygod.blogspot.com)
- Boy told sister: “Father Angel touched me in my privates,” court affidavit said (oregonlive.com)
- Police: Boy says Woodburn priest fondled him, took pics (kgw.com)
- Collared: “Father Angel” Arrested After Reportedly Chasing A 12-Year-Old Boy Down Street In His Underwear (jonathanturley.org)
The revelation at her death that Sally Ride, an American Hero, was also a Lesbian who had a 27 year relationship with a female partner, brings me back to the anti-gay marriage statements by Dan Cathy, President of that detestable fast food empire.
It is time to re-think ALL our values…EVERYBODY… because this is the 21st Century and we should no longer be tied down by religious or ultra-conservative regulations and ignorance.
Here’s a view of what the radical right thinks and how those thoughts are defined:
Can we now realize that there are great people and ordinary people and all kinds of people who are gay or straight and they all have the right to live equal lives!
- Why I will never eat at Chick-fil-A… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Boston Mayor: Anti-Gay Chick-fil-A Not Welcome in This City (newstalkcleveland.com)
- The Jim Henson Company Cuts Ties With Chick-Fil-A Due To Their Flagrant Homophobia (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- Will Chick-fil-A Pay a Price for Its Anti-Gay Marriage Stance? (dailyfinance.com)
- Is Chick-fil-A Anti-Gay? ‘Guilty As Charged’ Says Its President (patheos.com)
- Boston Mayor: Chick-fil-A, Move Along (towleroad.com)
2. Who will suffer the most if it is overturned?:
- Young people under 26 years old who are able to be on their parents’ health care plan, who could lose that advantage unless the insurance company itself allows it.
- Protection for sick patients who can lose their coverage due to a mistake in paperwork.
- People in southern states who have the least amount of state-mandated protection on their health insurance as opposed to more progressive states.
- The risk of coverage will increase immensely for insurance companies who will not be as supportive of the users and more supportive of themselves.
3. Will the Court separate the Mandate (the requirement that everyone have insurance) from the rest of the law?
So we await the decision which will be written by Justice Roberts and see if they use it as the standard anti-Democrat response the court has made since putting George W. Bush into office.
- No matter SCOTUS ruling, health care cost going up (illinois.statehousenewsonline.com)
- Supreme Court decision on polarizing health care law looms (cnn.com)
- Obamacare in the Balance: Will the Court Ruling Really Matter? (dailyfinance.com)
- The Real Face Of Obamacare: Suddenly-Unemployed Young People (thecollegeconservative.com)
- If Obamacare Is Ruled Unconstitutional (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- GOP plan for ‘Obamacare': Nothing (politico.com)
- Attorney General Bondi confident Supreme Court will strike down ‘Obamacare’ (tampabay.com)
- ObamaCare Will Define John Roberts’ Supreme Court (newser.com)
- How the Obamacare Verdict Could Crush Drugmakers (fool.com)
- Obamacare Supreme Court decision roadmap (themainewire.com)
“Finally, Mr. Speaker, I’m flattered that you’re all so interested in my vagina, but ‘no’ means ‘no.'”
Michigan House Representative Lisa Brown (D)
Brown’s comment got her banned from further recognition on the floor to voice her opinion on an unrelated school employee retirement bill by Republicans who said Brown was “offensive.”
As Brown responded:
- Michigan Dem banned by Republicans for using the word ‘vagina’ (rawstory.com)
- Michigan GOP Bans Lawmaker for Using the V-Word (nymag.com)
- Lawmaker Barred After Vagina Comment (politicalwire.com)
- Two Michigan legislators say ‘vagina,’ then silenced (seattlepi.com)
- Mich. rep’s vagina monologue (politico.com)
- As Punishment For Opposing Anti-Abortion Bill, Male Michigan House Leader Bans Two Female Reps From Speaking (thinkprogress.org)
Raw Story ran this from Helen Wheels:
Everyone should copy & paste this for safekeeping and for sticking in lying sack of shit baggerfascists’ faces whenever necessary. I, with the help of other commenters up here, have kept a running tab of the GOP War on Women:
- Every GOP member vote FOR Anti-Safe Abortion Legislation
- Every GOP member vote FOR Blunt/Rubio Anti-Women’s Equal Health
Coverage Amendment. While Blunt/Rubio Amendment does not allow employer
to deny men employee health coverage for Vasectomy, the Blunt/Rubio
Amendment allows Employer to deny female employees & female
dependents: contraception, tubes tied, and hysterectomies.
- GOP Redefine Rape
- GOP write legislation to probe metal prongs up a woman’s vagina
- GOP change legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence
- GOP write legislation that could make it legal to murder a doctor who provides
abortion care. (South Dakota GOP)
- GOP write legislation to cut nearly a billion dollars of aid to low-income
pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids.
- GOP write legislation that would let hospitals allow a woman to die
rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.
- GOP write law cutting ALL funding for low-income kids saying “Women
should really be home with the kids, not out working (Maryland)
- GOP Cut Funding for Head Start, by $1 Billion.
- Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women: GOP write Bill to CUT
funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.
- GOP Candidates for President vow and pledge to Cut Funding for Planned
- GOP voted for a Amendment to cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood
- GOP write Bill to eliminate all funds for Federal Family Planning Program.
- GOP Jan Brewer (R- AZ) Republican Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer on Thursday
signed one of the most controversial and restrictive abortion bans in the
country, which experts say effectively bans abortions after 18 weeks and
declares that a woman could be pregnant 2 weeks before she even had sex.
States passed 83 laws restricting access to abortion, nearly four times the
23 laws passed in 2010. A lot of that had to do with the 2010 elections, which
ushered in a wave of Republican legislators and governors. This year, the
number of states with fully anti-abortion governments — in which both the
governor and the legislature oppose abortion rights — increased from
10 to 15.
Got it? Pass it around… post it on your blogs…print it out and pin it to bulletin boards everywhere.
If this were only one woman, I could walk away from it without worrying. The fact is, she is one of millions who have absorbed this Tea Party crap and WILL get out and vote.
Nothing will educate these folks. Nothing.