Category Archives: funny
After yesterday’s piece on the results of the man with the a Romney tattoo on his head, this bunch of tattoos popped up on the web (can you believe it?!):
So it doesn’t matter whether you are a Republican or a Democrat, if you have the amazing need to defile yourself as a party poster, you fall into a category of folks that is beyond my understanding, not that I am fond of the current trend to cover yourself with all kinds of tattoos at all.
- Harry Styles continues colouring in his naked body with another tattoo (mirror.co.uk)
- Harry Styles Tweets Photo Of His New Tattoos! (lukewilliamsgossip.wordpress.com)
- Tat’s my baby! (nypost.com)
- scarlett johansson horseshoe tattoo (thesun.co.uk)
Remember Eric Hartsburg? He was paid $15,000 to get a five inch Romney campaign tattoo on his face. Hartsburg did it as an auction. His only requirement for bidding on the ‘ad space’ was that it could not be racist or offensive.
“I’m the guy who has egg all over his face, but instead of egg, it’s a big Romney/Ryan tattoo. It’s there for life.
“I’m hoping this opens some other doors in the entertainment business.”
Hmmm. Opening doors in the entertainment business? I was trying to think of a situation where that would be possible, outside of a film about Romney’s loss… not something I see much of a market for. Perhaps the logo could be sold to an auto manufacturer (Rolls Royce?) and Hartsman could become a car dealer’s mascot.
How much do you want to bet that Hartsman will be whining about the tattoo to his grandchildren.
- Man Who Tattooed Romney Logo Onto Forehead Speaks Out (huffingtonpost.com)
- Romney campaign’s lasting mark (politico.com)
- Indiana man stuck with Romney face tattoo (thegrio.com)
- From the Dept. of Regrettable Tattoos: The Romney Ryan Logo (towleroad.com)
- Fan Tattoos Romney Logo On His Face (mix1041.cbslocal.com)
- Man With Romney Tattoo on His Face is ‘Disappointed,’ Tries to Look on the Bright Side (nymag.com)
- Interview with a Man Who Got a Romney/Ryan Face Tattoo (slog.thestranger.com)
- Judy Garland’s Wizard of Oz dress sells for $480,000 (guardian.co.uk)
- Blue gingham dress worn by Dorothy in Wizard of Oz sells at auction (fox6now.com)
- Judy Garland’s Oz dress fetches $480K in auction (rapidcityjournal.com)
Kevin Siers in The Charlotte Observer:
Perhaps we can start on getting religion out of politics. What are we, the Taliban?
- and -
At least we know now that America is more than old white men…
- and -
Of course, some Republicans will probably continue their uncooperativeness. It will kill them later.
- and -
Of course, this may make at least one news organization reevaluate it’s strategy…
- and -
And now forward into the second term (thanks, in part, to General Motors.)
…the one blog I try to view every day. This is a video that Lisa put together Called “Back in the Good Old Days” which is a good indicator that Romney will bring Bushiness back to us.
Hope you enjoy it. I sure did!
Life seems to be very hard for these folks. Listen to the big amount of Romney lies they have ingested like vitamins:
How do you live with these people… these utterly stupid an misinformed people?
- Ohio Mitt Romney Supporters Don’t Know Mitt Romney (bungalowbillscw.blogspot.com)
- Obama goes after Romney’s Jeep ad (cbsnews.com)
- NBC’s Ohio Poll: 45% of Likely Voters Conservative, 23% Liberal–And Obama’s Up 6 (cnsnews.com)
Much of the nation is reeling from Superstorm Sandy. As families rebuild from Sandy’s destruction, our thoughts are with the victims of this horrific, fossil-fueled storm.
When Gov. Mitt Romney made climate change a punch line at the Republican National Convention, he mocked a real threat to the lives of Americans.
We can’t let Mitt get away with his laughing dismissal of the threat of rising seas caused by the carbon polluters who fund his campaign. Share this ad with friends and family to tell Romney: climate change isn’t a joke.
Thanks to Climate Silence.org.
Well, let’s hear what Mike Wallace found out about the sacred underwear:
Are you convinced? Of course, Romney or his supporters have yet to criticize Obama‘s relatively ordinary underwear.
(Thanx to Caffeinated Politics.)
- Despite his faith, Mitt hasn’t necessarily nailed the Mormon vote (o.canada.com)
- Using Mitt To Sell Magical Mormon Underwear (thedailybeast.com)
- Mormon Says Romneys Are Leading Church Into Mainstream (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Website uses Romneys to sell Mormon undies (news.com.au)
- If Mormons move into the White House… (religion.blogs.cnn.com)
But the animations the weather shows are presenting have rainstorms crossing over us… apparently we’re about as far to the west as any of this will reach and I can’t imagine it will be like a nor’easter or a tropical hurricane.
To make sure what’s happening however, I’m hanging out the Weather Forecasting Stone:
I have absolute confidence in the stone’s accuracy. Don’t you wish you had one?
- Hurricane Sandy: Likely To Make Landfall On East Coast Monday Afternoon (boston.cbslocal.com)
- Hurricane Sandy Still Holding Strong (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)
“This all dates back to when we were growing up together in Kenya. We had constant run-ins on the soccer field. He wasn’t very good and resented it. When we finally moved to America I thought it would be over.”
– President Obama
Looks like a lie can be exploded by a funnier lie.
- Obama Says ‘Rape Is Rape’ (theatlanticwire.com)
- President Obama Mocks Donald Trump On ‘Tonight Show’ (hollywoodlife.com)
- Obama laughs off Trump’s offer (politico.com)
- Obama to Leno: ‘You are always funny, Jay’ (politico.com)
- Obama pokes at Trump on Leno show: Beef dates back to their Kenya days (blogs.suntimes.com)
- Obama mocks Trump over ‘growing up in ‘Kenya’ (usatoday.com)
- Barack Obama Jokes About Donald Trump on The Tonight Show (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Obama laughs off Trump video ‘bombshell’ with Kenya joke (theweek.co.uk)
- Obama trumps ‘The Donald’ with Kenya gag (capitalfm.co.ke)
If you are interested in Ann Romney‘s response to Whoopi Goldberg on The View (which Mitt avoided making an appearance on… scared of Whoopi apparently) when she brought up the fact that Mitt hadn’t served his country in the Viet Nam War, take a look at this statement:
“Mitt certainly did serve his country during the war. He just served in a different way than most during that period. Sure, while many poor and minority young people were involuntarily drafted and soon found themselves knee-deep in cholera-infested rice paddies, you must remember that Mitt was also in a difficult spot serving Jesus, who as everyone knows made a special trip to America.”
“He roamed around the mean streets of Paris, riding a bike, and looking like a royal imbecile. You think he looks ridiculously uncool now, you should have seen him then! And it was a real hell-hole. Of course, he wasn’t being shot at or tripping any landmines, but he had to eat at 3 star restaurants! And he was doing just as important of a job as the Army was when they were fighting for Jesus and America.”
“He was out trying to baptize people in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Do you know how hard it is to get anyone to swallow this ridiculous shit? Especially French people! They’ve got all of this good food, wine, and they just LOVE to smoke and have sex all of the time. And you have to tell them to give that stuff up! Darn near impossible! Well, you don’t tell them that right away, only after you get them baptized. We aren’t idiots, you know!”
“So I’d like everyone in the media to stop pretending that Mitt didn’t serve during the war. He baptized 103 Frenchies by all by himself. How many conversions did any of those so-called “soldiers” perform? I rest my case.”
Hey… did you ever think of how dangerous it is to eat in 3-star restaurants?
Thanks to Ye Olde Soapbox for leading me to this one.
- Whoopi Goldberg faces Twitter hate after Ann Romney ‘View’ interview (thegrio.com)
- Whoopi shut down by Ann Romney on ‘The View’ (abc4.com)
- Ann Romney Thinks a Mormon Mission is the Same as Serving in the Military (politicususa.com)
- Whoopi Presses Ann Romney On Sons’ Lack Of Military Service: Does Mormonism Not Allow It? (mediaite.com)
- Whoopi Goldberg to Ann Romney: Hey, isn’t it true that Mormons don’t serve in the military? (hotair.com)
- Ann Romney: Mormon missions and U.S. military are ‘different ways of serving’ (rawstory.com)
- Awkward Moment Between Ann Romney and Whoopi Goldberg on “The View” (newstalkcleveland.com)
I guess Romney doesn’t realize that Iran has it’s own coastlines and doesn’t need Syria to get to the sea. Fortunately, Obama pointed this out to him, making the debate a part of Romney’s education.
- Romney praises Obama foreign policy rather than burying it (reuters.com)
- The final presidential debate: 4 memorable moments (VIDEO) (washingtonpost.com)
- Watch: Obama: Romney Proposes ‘Wrong and Reckless Policies’ (abcnews.go.com)
- Poll: Ahead of third debate, Obama leads on foreign policy (cbsnews.com)
- Romney’s muddled Middle Eastern geography (themoderatevoice.com)
Becoming comedians in the support of Catholic Charities at last night’s Al Smith Dinner in NYC, the candidates made fun of each other and of themselves. Here are their respective speeches in their entirety:
- Obama, Romney Trade Zingers at Al Smith Dinner (5min.com)
- An Evening With the Cardinal at the Al Smith Dinner (Not So Grievously Bad) (biltrix.com)
- Video: Cardinal Dolan hosts Obama and Romney at the Al Smith dinner… (c-span.org)
- Mitt Romney’s Wows The Crowd At The Al Smith Dinner~~He Is An True American Patriot! (sallyspoliticalpage.wordpress.com)
- Obama Roasts Himself, Jabs At Romney And Even Elbows Chris Matthews During Al Smith Dinner (mediaite.com)
Have you seen some of the Halloween costumes, both for kids and adults, that are popping up on the web looking for buyers to turn on? I’m finding them amazing…what was always, to me, a kids’ holiday with a spooky, witches and ghosts attitude seems to be changing radically.
The first costume I saw that made me look for more was this kid’s costume:
Then again, there are adult costumes that are making me wonder what folks are looking to communicate.
Perhaps there are too many things in our society that aren’t getting enough attention… or the conservative attack on a woman’s right to choose has results that appear unnatural.
I’m not about to think of Halloween as an obnoxious holiday… it never has been during my life.
Can you picture moms and dads in the costume shop with junior shopping for this year’s appearance. And then there are girl’s costumes, too. A used feminine napkin is something I would never have imagined as something to walk the neighborhood looking for candy as.
When you think of it, there are many similar things which could be turned into Halloween costumes and some designer somewhere is having an emotional roller coaster ride.
How we see members of the opposite sex is something that expresses an unusual opinion. Men are, perhaps, looking for ways to make a statement as to how he sees the woman in his life. A joke? An insult? A confused thought? Who can tell?
Then, of course, there are costumes looking for some kind of action. Does it make you wonder what occurs during the free mammogram? One can guess.
There is, however, a view of the man/woman relationship as a plug-in idea… and energy will probably be passed on. This is pretty neat, but still highly suggestive.
So… I hope at the end of the month you have an interesting and revealing Halloween.
- Top 10 Trending Social Media Halloween Costumes for 2012 Announced (prweb.com)
- Halloween and the rise of sexy costumes for women and girls (rebeccahains.wordpress.com)
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Scandalous but Boring Halloween Costume (celebs.gather.com)
- Halloween Costumes Are Sexist (ninjaloungehouse.wordpress.com)
So Biden kept his presence and Ryan kept up his lies…
- and -
It is clear Biden chewed him up…
And, of course, the lowering of the jobless rate throws a scare into Republicans for Halloween…
Lee Judge in the Kansas City Star:
And more numbers are getting into the election confusion…
Do you wonder why Ryan wants to take away our government support and replace it with advertising?
- and -
Kevin Siers in the Charlotte Observer:
But we are left with a candidate who can be anything we want…but with no substance.
I wonder how much Mitt Romney has effected the success of The Book Of Mormon? I don’t think his identity as a Mormon has anything to do with it.
Like on the question of abortion and a woman’s right to choose:
It’s too bad this is funny, because it’s really very disturbing. To elect a man President we have to confirm our trust in what he believes in and what he says about those beliefs.
Romney leaves us confused. If you vote for him you get what you deserve.
- Newly Moderate Mitt Romney Says He Won’t Pursue Abortion Laws (theatlanticwire.com)
- Mitt Romney Abortion Stance Changes, As Candidate Says He Won’t Push To Restrict Access (democraticunderground.com)
- Romney promises no abortion legislation (news.yahoo.com)
- Romney Abortion Quote Angers Dems (abcnews.go.com)
- “Reproductive Autonomy Is A Privilege”: Why The Culture War Is Crushing Mitt Romney (mykeystrokes.com)
Mitt‘s lies are full of S—T.
That is a characterization of the content of his speeches, not of his person. To dramatize how Obama supporters view Mitt’s words, I propose that each of us mail a sample of Ex-Lax or equal to Mitt at this address:
If you agree that this a good idea, please reblog this message so that as many people as possible see it.
What a good idea! The press is being informed about this and the more who participate, the more fun we will all have. At the same time, make a cash equivalent donation to Obama’s campaign at www.barackobama.com.
When you send Mitt his present, write “EX-LAX for Mitt” on the outside of the package so that even if they don’t open it at the Romney campaign they will know what it is.
- Ex-Lax for Mitt (bell-book-candle.com)
- Ex-Lax for Mitt (theobamacrat.com)
- Mitt Romney Is No Match For… Mitt Romney! (perezhilton.com)
- Lyin Mitt Is Still UnFitt (theobamacrat.com)
- Why Romney Avoids Massachusetts (drudge.com)
- Mitt Romney: From The People Who Brought You The Iraq War (thedailybanter.com)
I’ve had a bad day today… physically tripped up by a small seizure while I was doing dishes and an afternoon of trying to stay awake. This is, unfortunately, what life has become… I can’t drive (by law…until I’ve gone a year without a seizure as certified by a doctor) and, since Elly works (which I can’t do outside of the house), I bounce off the walls and am bombarded by televised boredom. If it were not for my laptop and the internet I might as well be in a coma.
So I guess I’m going to start writing something outside of my blog. There is a joy in constructing ideas out of words which I am beginning to look forward to each morning. What I do with what I write is not apparent right now, but I expect it will be realized sooner or later.
I’m tending toward creating a radio drama that I might be able to add to my Saturday show at WSHC, or do with John on the Friday morning show. I’ve been researching radio scripts from the 30s and 40s and I find them fascinating. Some are funny, some are adventures, all of them are strongly character-based since there is little opportunity for scenery (other than sound effects) in radio work.
When I get something finished I’ll let you know.
- TT: When radio wasn’t (artsjournal.com)
- Lean & Hungry Theater to Perform and Record Radio Drama Version of The Winter’s Tale, December 4 and 5 (prweb.com)
If you missed it last night, here it is:
- You: Stewart/O’Reilly Livestream Crashes (thedailybeast.com)
- Jon Stewart and Bill O’Reilly – “The Rumble in the Air Conditioned Auditorium” – Big Healthcare Discussion at the End About A Single Payer System – Video (ducknetweb.blogspot.com)
- O’Reilly, Stewart tangle in mock debate (news.yahoo.com)
- Watch: Jon Stewart debates ‘mayor of bullsh*t mountain’ Bill O’Reilly (rawstory.com)
- O’Reilly vs. Stewart: 10 best lines (popwatch.ew.com)
An animation by Simpsons/Family Guy animator Lucas Gray:
Pass it around. It sums up the issues very well…very understandably. Entertaining, too.
- Why Obama Now – Animated short by Simpsons animator Lucas Gary (johndwmacdonald.com)
- Watch a Pro-Obama Video Made by a Simpsons and Family Guy Animator [Video] (gawker.com)
- Why Obama Now (crooksandliars.com)
- Late Night: Snoop Dogg, Cartoon Give Reasons to Vote for Obama (my.firedoglake.com)
So what is memorable from the debate?
- and -
Are the issues food or labor?
- and -
Did you see them serve up their achievements or potentials?
- and -
Clay bennet in the Chattanooga Times Free Press:
As displayed by his announcement to cure the deficit by dropping PBS and Big Bird.
- and -
Gary McCoy for Universal Press Syndicate:
Oh well… Halloween is coming. Do you think we can forget politics for a while?
- Cartoon: Decision 2012 (englishblog.com)
(Thanks to All Hat, No Cattle for putting this one up.)
- Bill Maher: Can We Stop Pretending The Economy Is A ‘Complete Shambles’? (mediaite.com)
- Chris Matthews tells Bill Maher panel: Mitt Romney is running a ‘racist’ campaign (rawstory.com)