Waking up to horrible news from Libya and Egypt…
There are two upsetting I got from the news when I turned it on at 6:00 AM and which has made this the start of a very bad day.
1. Attacks at the US Embassies by Islamic terrorists in Egypt and Libya. Our Libyan Ambassador Chris Stevens was killed with three other Americans, at least one was a diplomat. The Egyptian Embassy was breached, the American flag was taken and destroyed and replaced with an Islamic flag.
The provocation for these attacks was apparently an internet post of an amateur video satirizing the Prophet Muhammad. It seems that the Islamic press claimed this as a major Hollywood film done as revenge against Islamists for 9/11.
2. Although the two Presidential campaigns had come to an agreement that there would be no attacking each other on 9/11, Mitt Romney blasted the President and his administration for being “sympathetic” to the embassy attackers – calling Obama’s response to the incidents “disgraceful”. He did this at 10 PM last night defying the agreement between his and Obama’s campaigns.
“Obama sympathizes with attackers in Egypt. Sad and pathetic.”
- Republican National Committee chair Reince Priebus
Obama waited to respond until after midnight when the day of remembrance was over. He announced his consolation to the families of the victims and his outrage at the incidents. Then he made everyone aware of his aggravation with Romney’s statement.
“We are shocked that, at a time when the United States of America is confronting the tragic death of one of our diplomatic officers in Libya, Governor Romney would choose to launch a political attack.”
- Obama’s campaign press secretary Ben LaBolt
I would have to agree that I think Romney’s remarks were both unfortunate and representative of his unknowledgable command of foreign policy. That he showed lack of support for his country and its administration at a time of National crisis and at a time in which he had pledged to remain in non-attack mode in his campaign, would make Romney less than reliable as a President.
- 1 Dead as Islamists Storm US Missions in Libya, Egypt (Guest Voice) (themoderatevoice.com)
- ” Disgraceful ! “ (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)
- Romney: Obama handling of Libya, Egypt violence ‘disgraceful’ (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- American ambassador to Libya killed by protesters, Al Arabiya reports (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)
- Romney slams Obama over attacks on US officials in Libya, Egypt (nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com)
- Attacks and protests in Libya and Egypt over Prophet Muhammad film (oddonion.com)
- U.S. Embassy Attacked: CNN Breaking News @ 14:06 EDST, From Egypt… Then Libya, No Comments From Obama (askmarion.wordpress.com)
- Romney Slams the Obama Administration’s Response to Embassy Attacks (nationalreview.com)
- American killed in Libya protest over anti-Muslim film – CBC.ca (cbc.ca)
- Breaking: US ambassador to Libya dead, 3 staff members also reportedly killed in rocket attack (riehlworldview.com)
Posted on September 12, 2012, in Announcement, campaign, crime, editorial, election, ethics, event, film, government, Internet, Legal, Lies, News, Opinion, Politics, President Obama, Press, quote, Television, Video, War, Word from Bill, World News and tagged Egypt, Islam, Libya, Mitt Romney, Muhammad, Obama, Romney, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off.