Looks like Boehner is ready to raise some taxes… What will Grover Norquist say?
Two quotes for the afternoon:
“I think there is room for revenues, but I think there clearly is a limit to the amount of revenues that are available.”
“The comment was significant because Boehner and other Republican leaders have repeatedly insisted that tax increases are off the table, and most Republicans in the House and Senate have signed a “taxpayer protection pledge” vowing not to raise taxes.
America” when he was asked about Norquist today. Later in the day, Boehner revised his comments.”
- John Boehner on Grover Norquist: He’s just some ‘random person’ (dailykos.com)
- Boehner calls anti-tax activist ‘random person’ (sfgate.com)
- Debt Plan Will Contain New Tax Revenues: Boehner (newser.com)
- Boehner Calls Grover Norquist Some Random Person; Norquist Agrees (blogs.wsj.com)
- Alan Simpson Takes on Grover Norquist, AARP (blogs.wsj.com)
- Boehner: Grover Who?! (mediaite.com)
Posted on November 4, 2011, in budget, Congress, Economics, ethics, Finance, government, News, Opinion, Politics, Television and tagged Americans for Tax Reform, Boehner, Grover Norquist, John Boehner, Nancy Cordes, Republican, Tax, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off.