Did you get this message from Nancy Pelosi last night?
I did. here it is:
Victories like this are what happen when we fight together to protect our core Democratic values.
Congresswoman-elect Hochul’s victory in a staunchly-Republican district has shocked the political world and sent an unmistakable sign that the American people will not stand for the Republicans’ reckless and extreme agenda to end Medicare.
This is our third straight special election victory in New York — and it is truly one for the ages. All of the Republicans’ right-wing outside groups with their secret money and dishonest attacks were no match for the combined strength of grassroots Democrats.
Thank you again for fighting to protect and defend Medicare and bringing us one step closer to regaining our Democratic House Majority.
Hopefully, this is the start of taking back the House from the crazies.
- NY-26: Kathy Hochul victory thread (dailykos.com)
- Democrats win upset New York victory (politics.ie)
- What NY-26 Means for 2012 (politicalwire.com)
- Referendum on Medicare? Dem Wins Special Election in GOP-Leaning NY-26 (abcnews.go.com)
- Nancy Pelosi squeezes Paul Ryan on Medicare (thehill.com)
- Pelosi effective foil for GOP? (politico.com)
- New York Special Election: Medicare Will Be Issue Of 2012 (huffingtonpost.com)
- Democrat Kathy Hochul wins upstate NY race – Reuters (news.google.com)
- New York’s Extra Special Election: A GOP Wake-Up Call? (swampland.time.com)
Posted on May 25, 2011, in campaign, Congress, election, government, News, Politics, quote and tagged Democratic, elections, Medicare, Nancy Pelosi, New York, Paul Ryan, Republicans, United States. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.